- API Development & Manufacture
- Peptide & Protein Technology
- Custom Peptides
- GMP Peptide API
- Immunograde Peptides
- Modified Histones
- Protein Conjugation Technology
- Facilities and Equipment
- Contact Us – Peptide Quote
- Drug Product
- Pre-Clinical Safety Assessment
- Solid State Services
- Isotope Chemistry
- Biocatalysis / selectAZyme™
- FLEXYTE™ Fluorescence Lifetime Assays
- Animal Free Chemokines
Cytotoxics and Potent Compounds
We have extensive containment facilities for the manufacture of potent compounds including cytotoxic, cytotoxic-peptide conjugates, cytostatics and steroids.
All projects are subject to Safety Assessment review prior to manufacture to determine the appropriate containment solution for their safe handling and timely delivery to our customer.
Our facilities provide containment to 0.1 microgram/m3. We use engineering controls as the primary source of protection using isolators equipped with glove box technology. We have invested significantly in this technology to become a market leader in the manufacture of cytotoxic APIs and potent hormones which is performed in dedicated equipment.
All Almac projects must satisfy a thorough hazard assessment. Detailed compound classification reviews are undertaken for all products to be manufactured forming the basis for risk assessment and hazard evaluation studies.
- The Advanced Reactive System Screening Tool (ARSST) calorimeter is used to assess heat flow and pressure rise characteristics of the specific reaction
- Minimum Ignition Energy (MIE) is determined in advance of micronisation of materials.
A multi-disciplinary team assesses each process against the proposed manufacturing route to ensure total safety of our staff, the environment and equipment.