- API Development & Manufacture
- Peptide & Protein Technology
- Custom Peptides
- GMP Peptide API
- Immunograde Peptides
- Modified Histones
- Protein Conjugation Technology
- Facilities and Equipment
- Contact Us – Peptide Quote
- Drug Product
- Pre-Clinical Safety Assessment
- Solid State Services
- Isotope Chemistry
- Biocatalysis / selectAZyme™
- FLEXYTE™ Fluorescence Lifetime Assays
- Animal Free Chemokines
FLEXYTE™ - Protease Assay Platform
Universal Protease Assay
Generic platform technology developed enabling real time monitoring of protease activity
- (1) Peptide substrate labelled with Almac proprietary 9-aminoacridine based FLT reporter
- (2) The fluorescence lifetime of the substrate is reduced by the presence of a modulator moiety (M) incorporated at a specific site within the primary sequence
- (3) Protease activity is reported by an increase in the fluorescence lifetime induced by cleavage of the substrate to the reaction product
Reliable and robust
Examples of FLEXYTE™ protease assays using Caspase-3 and MMP-2.
Protease activity is monitored in real time through a change in fluorescence lifetime. IC50 values were determined for known inhibitors of the respective enzymes. Bespoke labelled peptides are excellent substrates for these enzymes.
- Fluorescence lifetime assays based on labelled peptides substrates developed for a variety of proteases.
- Generic peptide approach enables FLEXYTE™ assays to be configured for a broad range of proteases.
- Custom assay development service available