- API Development & Manufacture
- API Toxicology & GMP Supply
- Peptide & Protein Technology
- Custom Peptides
- GMP Peptide API
- Immunograde Peptides
- Modified Histones
- Protein Conjugation Technology
- Facilities and Equipment
- Contact Us – Peptide Quote
- API Radiolabelling
- Solid State Characterisation
- Solid State Services
- Drug Product
- Isotope Chemistry
- Pre-Clinical Safety Assessment
- Biocatalysis / selectAZyme™
- FLEXYTE™ Fluorescence Lifetime Assays
- Animal Free Chemokines
Amorphous forms of poorly-soluble drugs are generally considered to offer substantial improvements in drug dispersability, dissolution behaviour and bioavailability compared with the corresponding crystalline forms.
Nonetheless, amorphous forms are less thermodynamically stable and there is a risk that they may ultimately revert to the crystalline form.
Complexing with certain polymeric excipients has been shown to provide substantial improvements in the stability of amorphous API’s. Moreover, the hydrophilic nature of many of these excipients can increase the wetting of the API molecules after release into the gut, thus increasing their dissolution rate and absorption properties.
Almac can overcome the difficulties of dealing with amorphous materials, thus providing an excellent development alternative for crystalline materials with poor solubility.