- API Development & Manufacture
- API Toxicology & GMP Supply
- Peptide & Protein Technology
- Custom Peptides
- GMP Peptide API
- Immunograde Peptides
- Modified Histones
- Protein Conjugation Technology
- Facilities and Equipment
- Contact Us – Peptide Quote
- API Radiolabelling
- Solid State Characterisation
- Solid State Services
- Drug Product
- Isotope Chemistry
- Pre-Clinical Safety Assessment
- Biocatalysis / selectAZyme™
- FLEXYTE™ Fluorescence Lifetime Assays
- Animal Free Chemokines
Salt Screening and Selection
The selection of an appropriate salt for an API provides an opportunity to alter its physicochemical properties and resultant biological characteristics. Salts are most commonly employed for modifying aqueous solubility; however, the salt form selected will influence a range of other properties, such as: hygroscopicity, chemical stability, dissolution rate, crystallinity and physical stability. It should also be noted that the intellectual property of the API can be strengthened by screening for developable salt forms.
Almac has several levels of salt screening to suit different research goals and budgets.
Screens are carefully planned to address the required improvement of the API.
Once salts have been identified, we employ a staged approach for the selection of the best possible form.