- Non-GMP Pharmaceutical Development
- Early Stage Development
- Scale Up and Late Stage Development
- Clinical Trial Manufacture
- Contained Development & Manufacture
- Analytical Services
Many APIs have poor pharmaceutics properties which presents challenges in gaining sufficient exposure when dosed to patients. At Almac, we can develop a variety of formulations which may offer improvements in the bioavailability of your compound. Among the techniques, we can offer:
- Micronisation of API
- Spray Dried Microsuspensions / Solutions (Aqueous & Solvent Capabilities)
- Spray Dried Amorphous Material (Aqueous & Solvent Capabilities)
- Solubilised / Lipid Based Systems
We do not limit ourselves to technologies that are available in-house, and if the client has a particular approach or platform technology they want included in the study, we are happy to accommodate and will work with external parties.
We assess different formulations by developing a discriminatory dissolution method and ultimately by arranging comparative bioavailability studies. Our scientists can arrange these studies and will interpret the data to decide on a practical way to take one of these approaches forward to GMP manufacture.