Mass Spectrometry – Senior Analyst/Technical Leader
Hours: 40 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB3882
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Internal and External Applicants may apply
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organisation that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our Global headquarters is located in Craigavon, Northern Ireland with additional operations throughout Europe (UK, Ireland), across the US (Pennsylvania, North Carolina and California) and in Asia (Singapore and Japan).
Our drive and passion for the values championed by our Founder, and enshrined in the ethos of Almac, ensures that ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a strapline – it is our way of life.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
Working as part of the Analytical team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the operation and troubleshooting of the mass spectrometer systems. These systems include LC-MSn, GC-MSn, LC-TOF, MALDI-TOF instruments from Sciex, Thermo Scientific, Agilent Technologies and Waters. The post holder will perform analysis of organic compounds for structural elucidation, impurity and metabolite identification, radiochemical purity and peptide sequencing; whilst assisting analysts with data interpretation, work on method development projects and produce reports to high scientific standards.
As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
- GCSE (or equivalent) Grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in Analytical Chemistry, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a closely related field
- Previous analytical experience within industry and/or academia (i.e. pharmaceuticals/fine chemistry/academic research laboratory)
- Demonstrated hands on experience in one or more of the following MS techniques in an industrial or academic environment; LC-MSn, GC-MSn.
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- PhD level qualification (or equivalent) in Mass Spectrometry
- Experience working in a GMP environment
- Experience in identification of impurities by LC-MS
- Experience in validation of methods
Additional essential and desirable criteria are outlined in the job description and person specification attached to the online job posting.
- Competitive salary
- Family friendly flexible working
- Learning and development opportunities and support
- Health promotions
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Long service awards
- 34 days annual leave allowance
- Marriage leave
- Free car parking
- Moving house leave
- Subsidised restaurant
- Paid medical appointments
- Childcare vouchers (including early return bonus)
- Occupational sick pay
- Enhanced maternity pay
- On site physiotherapist
- Critical illness policy
- Perks discount scheme
- Death in service benefit
- Westfield health benefit
(Full detail including eligibility criteria is outlined in the company handbook)
Apply online at www.almacgroup.com/careers
30th April 2018 at 17.00 hours