We are currently looking for a Product Manager for our Durham, NC location. The Product Manager will be responsible for providing business knowledge and functional support for new and existing systems within the BSA portfolio. They will support the business globally in helping to resolve technical, user, and design issues. They will represent the needs of the business for the product development life cycle of systems. This will involve defining requirements and prioritizing requests in line with road mapping decisions as well as with IS, Quality and other stakeholders.
Responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
Act as the Product owner for their assigned Software Delivery Area (SDA) by:
Attending and contributing to strategy meetings. Ensure timely resolutions of issues raised by updating decisions, actions and other related information about changes within their area.
Overseeing product performance, prioritizing bug fixes and tactical change, and escalating to management when necessary
Support the BPM team with Lessons Learned after a release, documenting “expected” versus “actual” ROI
Assist Validation with PRRs including analysis and trending of DCRs and tickets.
Develop metrics to measure product success and achievements
Proactively report known system issues to end users and management in a timely manner.
Reduce and streamline processes to improve the customer experience.
Attend and contribute to Internal, Customer and Regulatory audits related to their area.
Assist the BSA support team with troubleshooting system issues.
Contribute to and host monthly global department meetings related to their SDA.
Develop and manage product road maps that drive product innovation and commercialization.
Generation of User requirements:
Work with the Strategic Innovation team to ensure a clear understanding of the Project Brief/Project Objectives for strategic changes.
Host requirements workshop to define process flows and business requirements, ensuring risks and regulatory requirements and considered within the design.
Support IS teams in translating business requirements into system requirements.
Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
Ensure Business requirements are reviewed and approved by Business Owners and URS is locked down prior to the start of development using agreed upon tools, formats and process.
Own and deliver change management process for Systems:
Generate and contribute to key deliverables required to deliver a change including Change Control, Risk assessment and Validation protocol.
Ensure all key deliverables are generated and approved in line with delivery timelines
Drive change and take part in strategic decision making by consulting with end users and understanding their pain points.
Hold all members of the delivery team accountable to the timelines and scope of a release.
Document and escalate scope change that impact delivery timelines to management.
Assist in the delivery of bug fixes by reviewing and approve test plan for SPRs.
Arrange and host demos of new functionality throughout the development phase of a project.
Coordinate business readiness
- Ensure SOP, User Guide and ELC changes are delivered in line with system changes.
- Coordinate the preparation and delivery of end user training in line with system changes.
- Plan and support PQ and UAT testing Cycles:
- Coordinate and execute PQ and User acceptance testing cycles as required in concert with BSA Support Team.
- Ensure these testing cycles are completed on time, and that any risks to project delivery timelines are mitigated or escalated as necessary.
- Co-ordinate the review of any defects found within the PQ + UAT cycles with appropriate Business and Quality resources.
*Candidates applying to both Almac’s Product Manager or Product Analyst roles will be considered for both positions depending on experience*
- Bachelors Degree (or equivalent) in business, technical, science, communications or equivalent field
- Evidence of knowledge and/or training on clinical trials that covers aspects beginning with initial bid, and through the manufacturing, distribution, returns and destruction cycles, culminating in customer billing.
- 3 + years of working knowledge and understanding of the Clinical Trials market and of related business
- 2 + years experience of working as part of a multi-function project team to meet milestone dates within the pharmaceutical environment.
- Master’s Degree
- In depth working knowledge of a specific area within Clinical Services.
- Product Management experience
- Experience in developing or improving business systems to meet the needs of the organization and the customer
- Experience of requirements gathering and implementation of computerized systems
- Experience in testing and validation of a Computerized system
- Experience of managing and prioritizing changes.
- Working knowledge of Software Development lifecycle and roles of key stakeholders within both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled – Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at ADARequest@almacgroup.com
to request assistance.