Industrial Placements at Almac
If you would like to find out what it is like to work for Almac, our industrial placements are the ideal place to start.
Our placements are designed for 2nd year undergraduate students currently studying towards a degree that requires a year in industry. As a placement student, you will make an important contribution to our teams and work on a specified work-based project(s) over the year.
From day one, placement students are quite literally contributing towards the advancement of human health – how many other young people can honestly make such a claim!
Industrial Placement Areas of Work
To understand which placement aligns best to your preferred area of interest, click on the links below:
- Analyst (Almac Pharma Services)
- Chemistry (Almac Sciences)
- Analytical Chemistry (Almac Sciences)
- Quality (Almac Clinical Services)
- Technical Quality (Almac Pharma Services)
- Information Services (Almac Central Services)
Click below to find out what our previous industrial placement students have to say:
What is the process?
- To apply for a placement opportunity with Almac, please complete the relevant online application form. After the closing date, all applications will be shortlisted and if you meet the standard requirement, you will be required to complete some assessments / interviews for the placement.
- If successful, you will be awarded a conditional offer of a placement commencing from June 2019 onwards. Placements are conditional on attaining successful results in 2nd year examinations.
- Please note you will be required to complete an application for each placement you would like to apply for.
What’s in it for you?
We offer a supportive, friendly working environment where you will have the opportunity to apply your academic knowledge to modern industry. It’s a unique opportunity to experience many parts of the business while making a key contribution to important projects and decisions. Many students go on to make successful applications for roles upon graduation.
An Almac placement provides each student with an opportunity to learn some of the advanced techniques and practices that make us a world leader. The skills gained during a placement with us equip each student with the perfect base to ensure success during their final year of academic study. There is no doubt that a placement with Almac will improve your employability skills, and enhance your future career aspirations.
Why should you choose us?
Placement students interact closely with their respective teams and consequently work on real life projects from the minute they arrive on site, making an active contribution to the business from day one.
As well as offering second-to-none work experience that provides a clear advantage when it comes to starting out in your career, we genuinely care about our people and we go to great lengths to look after our employees.
We offer the following:
- Recognition for a job well done
- Diverse, challenging and rewarding career opportunities
- Personal development opportunities
- Strong global presence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- A culture of growth and profitability
All placement students attend a comprehensive induction program which is designed to help them integrate into their new working environment and the Almac culture. We believe that providing a full understanding of our business context will help lead to a successful placement where students will feel valued.
Students receive continuous personal support, advice and guidance throughout their placement year from an assigned mentor (usually a recent graduate). This is complemented by continual on-the-job coaching from departmental managers, supervisors and colleagues.
What are the benefits?
As well as earning a competitive salary and having the chance to work with inspirational people on exciting projects, as a placement student you will also benefit from a range of other benefits during your time at Almac such as:
- 34 days paid annual leave
- free car parking
- access to healthcare benefits
- Perks discount scheme
…and much more!
What do we look for?
As well as being in at least 2nd year of your degree, we are looking for students with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You should also have good planning and organizational skills and enjoy analyzing information and solving problems. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages is also essential.
Strong interpersonal skills is a huge benefit as you will spend much of your time working as part of a team, and with other stakeholders throughout the Group.
**Please see individual job advertisements for specific job descriptions and person specifications**