Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB8503
Business Unit: Clinical Technologies
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire
Open To: Internal and external candidates
Please note this is a re-advertisement, if you have applied for this position within the past 6 months, we will be unable to accept your application at this time
Basis: 12 months fixed term contract
About The Role
The Software Developer is responsible for providing first level triage support for all study (IVRE, IXRS, and/or EDC) systems. The System Developer will serve as cross functional point of contact for all system inquiries. They will be responsible for root-cause analysis on any study issues reported and will facilitate solutions/remediation as appropriate.
The Software Developer works with other members of the Almac team to deliver products and services.
The Software Developer is assigned an internal levelling identifier (Level I through Level III) pursuant to their grasp of the appropriate job functions and skills, experience level and their breadth of responsibility.
To be successful in this role, we’re looking for you to have:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related subject
- Basic experience or understanding of developing applications using the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ASP.NET MVC
- Entity Framework
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and a Service Bus technology
- Effective Problem-Solving Ability
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to operate independently as well as in a project team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and implement different technologies
The following criteria would also be beneficial to your application, but is not essential:
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Basic Understanding in developing applications that use automated unit testing or unit testing/mocking frameworks OR have performed test driven development techniques and practices.
- Experience within the clinical technology, life sciences or software industries setting and understanding of use of IXRS in Clinical Trial.
- Basic Understanding using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Basic Understanding with any of the below:
- Agile development methodologies, specifically SCRUM
- Domain-driven design
- Distributed event-driven design
- NServiceBus and Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ)
For the successful candidate, we offer an attractive benefits package which includes a competitive salary, a flexible hybrid working model with a degree of home working, annual bonus, employer pension contributions, 34 days paid annual leave, healthcare benefits and much more.
To Apply: Apply online by submitting a CV that details how you meet the essential and desirable criteria
Closing Date: 7 December 2023 at 1700 hours
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.