Almac Group is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician for our Durham, NC location. The Laboratory Technician will be responsible for performing a range of laboratory operations’ tasks to support the daily, efficient running of the Almac Diagnostic Services (ADS) Laboratory.
Shift Hours: 2nd Shift Monday-Friday
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Use LIMS to receive, log, store, dispatch and dispose of customer samples as needed
- Performing calibration and maintenance of automated and nonautomated laboratory equipment.
- Order, track, stock and maintain the laboratories with the appropriate lab reagents, consumables, equipment and materials. Receive and log incoming lab reagents and consumables.
- Perform pre-processing, DNA/RNA extraction and quality assessment of nucleic acid from biological samples
- Perform manufacturing processes for kit and label production
- Assist in the generation, revision, and/or review of laboratory or equipment-related SOPs and other quality documents.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of housekeeping within the laboratories.
- Assist in the safe disposal of spent and expired reagents, kits and laboratory waste.
- Responsible for ensuring that laboratory tasks are carried out according to ADS standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that supporting documentation is maintained as per defined procedures and identify any non-conformances and take action to document and correct them with the minimum disruption to laboratory work.
Required Experience / Education:
- Associate’s degree in a science related field or 1+ year experience working in a commercialized environment or pharmaceutical/biotech technical role and familiar with, GXP, GMP, GLP or GCP practices
- Level I – 1+ year of working in a pharmaceutical or laboratory based role
- Level II – 2+ years of working in a pharmaceutical or laboratory based role, including 1+ year of experience in performing tasks directly relevant to this role
- Working knowledge of GMP/GXP or GLP/GCP practices
Preferred Experience / Education:
- BA/BS degree in a chemical, biological, clinical laboratory science or medical technology field
- 2+ years work experience in a laboratory setting performing maintenance and calibration
- 1+ year Data entry and documentation
- 1+ year Stock control
- Proficiency in use of Excel and information databases
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.