We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Lansdale, PA location. The Project Manager's primary function includes managing and overseeing activities related to IXRS projects during the pre and post live phases with primary responsibilities for managing scope, budget, quality, timelines, project deliverables and client relationship. The Project Manager works with other members of the Almac team to deliver products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Initiation: Interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to understand the nature of the project and the defined solution (proposal). Facilitates initial conversations about scope, timelines, cost and risk during internal and external kick off meetings. Leads internal efforts to define the resources needed and requests project team members.
- Project Planning: Identifies and manages project tasks, dependencies and critical path and documents this on a project plan/schedule. Actively participates in identifying, mitigating and managing risk and raises concerns to client and internal team as appropriate. Interfaces and coordinates with project team members and stakeholders to plan communication needs for routine status updates and escalation.
- Project Implementation and Management: Develops and drives project schedule to ensure timelines are met with input from the project team. Establishes and coordinates activities using Almac's established processes and procedures (SDLC). Coordinates and facilitates internal and external project meetings and takes minutes. Oversees the coordination and finalization of project documents and communication regarding project status. Communicates and assesses budget implications with internal team members as well as the client based as appropriate. Ensure timely delivery and completion of project deliverables over the life of an IXRS project. Interact effectively with different functional areas within Almac as well as with the external client, sponsor and/or vendor personnel. Translate internally-oriented explanations and considerations to a client audience.
- Project Amendments: Understand system amendment scope and facilitate conversations about scope, timelines, cost and risk with client and internal team. Manages Change Control process and raises Change Control Forms (CCFs) and Change Requests (CRs) as applicable. Establishes and coordinates system development lifecycle (SDLC) activities using Almac's established processes and procedures. Identifies dependencies and manages risk throughout the SDLC and raises concerns to client and internal team as appropriate.
- Project Maintenance and Close-Out: Conduct routine project reviews which compares actual project status to plan. When deviation occurs, the Project Manager establishes and implements corrective action. Ensures project support team resolves issues arising during the maintenance phase of an IXRS project in a timely manner. Collaborates with System Management during maintenance phase to understand and resolve any issues causing unexpected volume or types of technical support inquiries. Responsible for actively monitoring the project budget. Notifies Stakeholders when there are concerns about changes in scope and its impact on the project budget. Depending on the needs and/or requirements, PM may be required to attend budgeted recurring client meetings to discuss current study status. The Project Manager is responsible for proactively managing the close out needs of the client and performing close out and archival activities per established processes and procedures.
- Associate's degree with a minimum of two (2) years of industry related experience or Bachelor's degree required; Bachelor's Degree in life sciences or a related field preferred
- Minimum of one (1) years of experience within the clinical technology, life sciences or software industries with direct Project Management experience
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience communicating directly with clients
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience managing multiple projects or tasks simultaneously
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint; minimum of one (1) year of experience with use of Project Management tools and Processes, e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), SharePoint, CA PPM platform, etc.
- Demonstrated Understanding of use of IXRS in Clinical Trials preferred
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 6,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.