Almac Group is currently seeking a Business Development Manager - West Coast for our Clinical Technologies Division. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business within new clients and for growth within existing named accounts. As a key member of the commercial team, this person is responsible for execution of the company commercial strategy in their sales assignment. As a visual and public representative, must demonstrate exemplary customer service in order to build and strengthen long-lasting client relationships
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The overall responsibility of the Business Development Manager is to identify, cultivate, manage, and close new business for the company. As a customer facing asset, this role will communicate industry driven feedback and market information in order to help align the company strategy with the requirements for achieving a competitive advantage within the marketplace
- Enhance and expand business with existing clients
- Develop new client relationships throughout the assignment using all available tools to network into and within client companies
- Account management of commercial activities and ownership of all sales opportunities within each Account
- Building account plans to educate and inform the business
- Closing, planning, managing Sales meetings to achieve the above with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver company capabilities presentations and demonstrations to clients
- Marshal all required resources to help drive and close new business
- Deliver protocol-specific presentations to clients
- Deliver general topic presentations to clients and industry
- Attend trade shows and industry events
- Negotiate proposal timelines and budgets in order to close new opportunities for the company
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Management, Finance and/or Life Sciences)
- 3 – 5 years of direct client management or consultative business development experience
- Commercial development and sales organizational processes
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish marketplace insight and to provide management with information to formulate strategic decisions
- Obtain market trends in order to provide management with information to formulate strategic decisions to place the company at competitive advantage within the industry
Preferred Experience / Education:
- 3-5 years of direct selling or business development experience in life sciences, technology or clinical development
- Good working knowledge of the drug development and clinical trial process
What can Almac Group offer you?
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.