Almac Group is currently seeking a Laboratory Scientist for our Durham, NC location. The Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for performing molecular biological processing and analyses as required in the Clinical Molecular Testing Laboratory and for assisting in the daily efficient running of the Diagnostics Laboratories.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform molecular biological techniques as required, including nucleic acid extraction, qPCR, and Next-Generation Sequencing, and adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies in a CLIA laboratory setting.
- Participate in the validation/commissioning, calibration, maintenance and running of automated and non-automated laboratory equipment.
- Utilize the Laboratory Information Management System for sample/result documentation and tracking.
- Ensure that supporting documentation is maintained as per defined procedures.
- Assist in the generation, revision, and/or review of laboratory or equipment-related SOPs and other quality documents.
- B.S. or M.S..in chemical or biological science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in performing high complexity molecular testing
- Experience performing nucleic acid extractions (DNA and RNA) and PCR
- Experience using Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Practical experience performing equipment validation/calibration on automated and non-automated platforms
- BS. or M.S.in chemical or biological science, or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution, plus
- Board Certification as a Medical Technologist or Technologist in Molecular Biology qualified to work within a CLIA Laboratory performing high complexity testing
- Practical experience performing clinical molecular testing within a CLIA/CAP accredited high complexity testing environment
- Experience with gene expression analysis utilizing microarray and/or qPCR platforms
- Experience performing Next Generation Sequencing
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.