Almac Group is currently seeking a Commercial Product Procurement Specialist for our Souderton, PA location. The Commercial Product Procurement Specialist will support the development of an efficient, proactive and cost effective supply base, with the aim of maximizing drug availability, utilizing appropriate sourcing strategies and supplier selection, while developing a mature professional and personal relationship with all suppliers, internal customers and external clients.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all procurement activities related to the procurement of commercial drug products (including comparators, rescue, concomitant medication & specials) in an effective and efficient manner
- Ensure all products procured comply with cGMP guidelines, meet contract giver requirements and are delivered on time within the products storage & transport requirements
- Identify & develop appropriate purchasing strategies that will deliver effective supply solutions to meet both client’s commercial and clinical study requirements through supplier interaction and supply knowledge
- Create and Develop opportunities, relationships & processes to procure commercial product directly from full-line wholesalers & manufacturers and new markets as required
- Generate and maintain Almac specifications for all purchased items as well as ensure that the Purchase order system is operated and maintained to promote effective communication with internal customers & external clients
- Support the management of a network of Almac approved suppliers across major operating markets e.g. Europe, North & South America, Asia & Russia
- Liaise directly with clients in order to explain the suggested ongoing sourcing activities & strategies with a view to effectively conveying business / trial risk vs cost opportunities
- Liaise directly with Quality, Logistics Services & Depot teams regarding Regulatory, Import & Export issues related to commercial product procurement
- Maintain a knowledge database for Global commercial product supply opportunities & challenges
- Record & present weekly / monthly data relative to sourcing and supply issues faced and mitigation actions taken
- Introduce and manage TA and MPAs including supplier Key Performance Indicators and rebates where applicable
- Maintain an approved supplier base to ensure that all suppliers maintain a level of performance that is consistent with requirements of TA and MPAs
- Capture and record supplier performance metrics in relation to pre-set KPIs
- Proactively communicate with suppliers, formally and informally with regards to improving service levels, quality accuracy and communication
- Plan and oversee quarterly supplier business review meetings (BRM’s)
Required Experience / Education:
- Associate degree
- 2 years experience purchasing, sourcing, price negotiation, and customer service
- Experience with the following:
- Planning, procurement, and purchasing systems
- Handling supplier non-conformance issues
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out
- Resourcefulness within the boundaries of cGMP and SOPs
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor degree
- Procurement experience within a pharmaceutical ‘commercial product’ supply environment. e.g. Clinical Trial Supply, Standard Wholesale or Specialized wholesale distribution.
- Experience with supplier agreements, performance measurement & contract negotiation
- Experience within the Pharmaceutical industry
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.