Almac Group is currently seeking a Business Development Manager for our San Francisco territory. The Business Development Manager are field sales personnel with responsibility for managing business relationships and achieving assigned revenue targets within their allocated client base.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparation, execution, and follow-up of client engagements which include to face-to-face sales visits, industry seminars, tradeshows, on-site customer visits, teleconferences, etc. The explicit goal of promoting and growing the service offerings of Almac Clinical Services to its current and prospective clients. (Valid License Required for travel)
- Generate and present detailed proposals to the client, either personally or with the assistance of a Business Development Coordinator (BDC). This will involve liaising with several internal departments (Project Management, Operations, Design, Logistics, Procurement, etc.) to generate costs and lead time information used in the proposals.
- Develop, maintain, and optimize territory business plans whereby the goal is to generate business opportunities, capture those opportunities and provide ongoing analysis via our CRM (Salesforce).
- Work with other CS departments (globally if necessary) to ensure that clients’ requirements as represented in their proposal and such requirement are clearly understood both internally and externally before commencement of work.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree within a Life Science or Business-related discipline
- 3+ years of B2B experience in the life sciences market, specifically for a pharmaceutical, biotech, CRO, clinical supplies or similar organization
- Business planning and account management territory plan development & execution experience as well as experience with quote or contract preparation
- Previous experience of managing client accounts within a business development role (to include relationship maintenance and development and revenue generation) within a target driven environment
- Previous experience of presenting to individuals or groups of key decision makers on business solutions, service offerings etc. (to include both preparation and delivery of presentation materials)
- Strong understanding of sales strategy, sales tactics, and business development processes, including but not limited to business planning, sales forecasting, sales funnel lifecycle management, account management principles.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Master’s degree within a Life Science or Business-related discipline
- Knowledge of clinical trials and the pharmaceutical industry OR knowledge of the contract packaging industry OR knowledge of logistics/supply chain management.
- Previous practical experience with CRM software
- Expertise and strong working knowledge in clinical supply, CRO, or associated market segment
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.