Almac Group is currently seeking a Procurement Specialist for our Souderton, PA location. The Procurement Specialist will be to assist in the development and daily management of an efficient, proactive, and cost-effective supply base while developing a mature, proactive professional and personal relationship with all suppliers, and all internal operational departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all procurement activities within a define category in a effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all procurement activities result in the most cost effective on-time supply of the required materials to meet contract giver demands
- Ensure all items procured comply with cGMP guidelines, agreed contract given requirements, and meet quotation specifics.
- Identify & develop appropriate purchasing strategies that will deliver effective supply solutions to meet clinical study requirements through supplier interaction and supply knowledge
Required Experience / Education:
- Associates Degree OR High School Diploma/GED, with 2 years relevant experience in a similar procurement role
- 2 years’ experience in purchasing, sourcing, price negotiation, and customer service, OR 2 years’ relevant experience in an office environment in a pharmaceutical role
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 2 years in procurement of goods and services.
- Experience in the selection of suppliers
- Understanding of business processes
- Proven working knowledge of planning, procurement and purchasing systems
- Proven working knowledge of the handling of supplier or quality non-conformance issues
- Experience of supplier agreements and performance measurement
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Packages (to include Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Access)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in all work carried out.
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles (after 6 months fully onsite)
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.