Almac Group is currently seeking a Quality Control On the Job Trainer for Souderton, PA location. The principal function of the Quality Control On the Job Trainer (OJT) is to provide training to the Quality Control department to include SOP training, on-the-job training, training in new systems or procedures, and tailored training material. The OJT may support initiatives across any Almac Clinical Services (ACS) site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist managers with the on-boarding of new starts ensuring, for example, that all appropriate facility and system access has been granted, training in core SOPs has been successfully delivered and approved. Facilitate on-the-job training to both new and existing employees in Quality related activities pertinent to their roles. This extends to include training in the use of internal IS systems by Quality. Assess trainees through various levels of evaluation including questionnaires, tests, and practical exercises. And assess competency by checking tasks performed (as applicable). Provide feedback on progress to employees and line managers and highlight any potential concerns. Conduct Training on three operational shifts as needed.
- Regularly evaluate and maintain the training curricula pertaining to Quality job roles within the department (as required). Review LMS training reports for all Quality personnel against the training curricula for each role. Identify and escalate concerns. Maintain KPI’s and prepare monthly dashboards to report on performance in relation to the role. Highlight areas for improvement and be forthcoming with ideas on how to improve educational materials, methods, assessment techniques and compliance.
- Prepare educational materials in conjunction with the authors for new or revised Quality SOPs or to supplement /compliment SOPs or technical training in key Quality processes to include, for example, case study materials, highlighting the impact of what happens when things go wrong and the potential impact. Use various media and interactive materials, tailored appropriately to promote employee engagement for best results.
- Liaise with colleagues working in similar roles locally/ globally and within HRD to identify and implement shared training initiatives for Quality personnel and assist with inter departmental induction training and rotations, where required. Additionally, liaise with Lead Investigators regarding any training needs identified during Quality Investigations and during the assessment of trending data.
- Identify useful e-learning activities and published articles to broaden knowledge of personnel throughout the department. Cascade knowledge in the form of e-learning modules, bulletins, presentations or newspaper articles, using succinct, user friendly language to educate staff (if applicable).
- Support and/or deliver training sessions identified by Quality Management that address current gaps in clinical supplies/trial knowledge.
- Arrange demonstrations of new systems and equipment for staff within Quality.
- Provide refresher training in technical areas for staff returning from leave or extended absence.
- Ensure personal knowledge of systems and procedures is kept current.
Required Experience / Education:
Associates Degree with 1 year of relevant experience or, High School Diploma with 3 years of relevant experience
- A minimum of one year Quality or Quality Management experience
- Experience delivering and training new and existing employee or current Almac experience
- Knowledge of GMP and Investigational Medicinal Products
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Training Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- A minimum of three years of working experience within Quality
- Writing SOPs and training materials
- Delivering training to new and experienced employees
- Technical knowledge of Operational activities (production and logistics) undertaken by Almac Clinical Services globally
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.