Almac Group is currently seeking an Indirect Procurement Category Manager for our Durham, NC location. The Indirect Procurement Category Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of strategic initiatives within an assigned portfolio of indirect sourcing categories, which may include consulting services, software systems, high value capital equipment, and other indirect categories of goods and services. Specific responsibilities include development of category strategies, identification of cost saving opportunities, facilitating and leading sourcing projects, supplier negotiation, and establishment and maintenance of stakeholder & supplier relationships.
Manage a portfolio of sourcing categories and strategic sourcing projects regionally or globally as applicable. Develop or fine-tune a sourcing strategy for each category as appropriate. Establish long-term agreements to obtain optimal quality, service, price, and other terms. Partner with global, regional and group programs and facilities to drive procurement through the supply chain team and eliminate unmanaged spend. Advise and enable sourcing projects as appropriate. Develop world-class partnerships with global and regional suppliers and other organizations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Spearhead sourcing of a portfolio of indirect categories.
- Develop category strategies, including market and industry analysis.
- Lead and manage the RFI, RFP, RFQ processes.
- Negotiate, agree and implement contractual terms and supply agreements with vendors to meet service specifications and delivery against business objectives.
Required Experience / Education:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of sourcing in a range of indirect spend categories.
- Significant expertise in contract negotiation, supplier agreements and supplier relationship management.
- Significant experience of IT software systems procurement.
- Ability to establish supplier specifications/requirements in conjunction with subject matter experts and manage internal and supplier relationships to achieve desired results.
- Ability to provide fact-based strategy and sourcing recommendations.
- Demonstrated experience of achieving significant savings, both through major initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Experienced user of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ERPs.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CPSM or C.P.M.
- 5+ years of sourcing in a range of indirect spend categories.
- Proven project management and process improvement experience.
- Strength in meeting or exceeding project milestones and deliverables.
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles (After 6 months being fully onsite)
- Hybrid Schedule after 6 months fully onsite is 2 days WFH/ 3 days in the office
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.