Almac Group is currently seeking a Receiving Operative for our Durham, NC location. The Receiving Operative is responsible for carrying out all material handling and inventory control activities required within a standard computerized warehouse environment servicing a manufacturing and distribution operation. They will be responsible for the receipt of material into the warehouse and ensure that levels of customer service and cGMP compliance are maintained to the highest possible standards.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Unload trucks, segregate and re-stack incoming material; labels, drug, job related materials, and non-job related materials within the ambient, refrigerated, and frozen areas of the warehouse.
- Move and check material received into the warehouse. Complete all good inward and inspection procedures. Place MID labels on correct receipts after material has been received into the MRP system. Move material to appropriate areas and use handheld devices to electronically transfer material to appropriate location.
- Ensure that the warehouse is maintained to the highest possible standard of housekeeping.
- Select material in preparation for dispatch to the customer.
- Competently operate forklifts and material handling equipment.
- Provide regular updates to the Receiving Operative Grade 3, Receiving Coordinator, Warehouse Supervisor, and Warehouse Manager when appropriate regarding work allocation and project status.
- Ensure all material is labelled, stored correctly, and properly protected against damage or deterioration. All stock must be located properly with storage locations being accurately recorded on the relevant system
Required Experience / Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year warehouse
- Basic Warehouse Operations; receiving, shipping, material handling, inventory control, housekeeping, and safety
- Good computer skills
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Clinical Trials
- Clinical Supplies
- Use of handheld wireless devices to electronically transfer material
- Interaction with ERP system(s)
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.