Technical Quality – Almac Pharma Services
In Pharma Services we work with our client portfolio which includes small vertical companies through to big pharma and biotech companies, to develop pharmaceutical products throughout their lifecycle, from early phase clinical development to process validation and commercialization for successful clinical candidates.
Description of Area of Work
Working as part of the Pharma Services Quality team, you will be responsible for assisting the Technical Quality team with the delivery of a range of business and continuous improvement projects. These include the Qualification and Validation of new equipment, Facilities, Utilities and Computerized Systems. Validation of new processes and products is also central to the activities within the team.
Structure/Purpose of Placement
Depending on your degree you will work within one of our sub teams – Computerized Systems, Equipment/ Facilities/ Utilities or Process Validation. The purpose of the year placement is to help you develop your skills within your chosen discipline and hopefully consider a career in Technical Quality.
Projects to be worked on
Next year we already have numerous projects planned which the Placement Student will work on.
A number of example projects within our sub-teams are:
- Equipment / Facilities / Utilities
- Installation and qualification of a new pharmaceutical production line
- Routine re-qualification of facilities and utilities across the Almac site(s), including temperature mapping of storage facilities
- Computerized Systems
- Implementation and validation of software systems to support key business and GxP operations, including systems designed to meet new business and regulatory requirements
- Validation of automated systems used within Manufacturing and Packaging Operations
- Process Validation
- Assist in the validation and documentation of new Manufacturing and Packaging processes
- Work in a multi-departmental team to release a new drug into the market