Our work experience placements, designed for Lower Sixth (Year 13) pupils, offer young people a fantastic opportunity to see for themselves what it is like to work in a leading global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and development organization.
By participating in our three day placement program, pupils will gain an insight into the drug development process and the variety of rewarding career paths available at Almac, both inside and outside the laboratory, through tours, conversations with staff and activities.
Day 3 of the placement will allow pupils to gain first hand experience of scientific, engineering or technology careers at Almac, depending on area of interest. Transport between Almac and W5 on Day 3 will be provided, as required. An example schedule is shown below:
Our three-day placement program will run on the following dates for the 2023-24 academic year:
- 23rd – 25th January (I) (application closing date: 20th Dec 2023)
- 7th – 9th February (application closing date: 20th Dec 2023)
- 19th – 21st March (E) (I) (application closing date: 20th Dec 2023)
- 4th– 6th June (E) (I) (application closing date 26th Feb 2024)
- 12th – 14th June (E) (application closing date: 26th Feb 2024)
- 19th – 21st June (application closing date: 26th Feb 2024)
Note: All sessions will include Day 3 at W5. If interested in an Engineering-focussed work experience, including an Engineering work shadow on Day 3, we advise selecting the dates indicated with (E). If interested in an IT-focussed work experience, select dates indicated with (I), as Day 3 will involve a Technical Software Development Challenge.
Places are limited. In order to gain most benefit from in-person work experience, we recommend that pupils familiarize themselves with content in Almac’s Virtual Work Experience Hub before commencing their placement.