In this webinar: Building an effective global supply chain through robust distribution and IOR strategies, Sharon Courtney, international logistics specialist, discusses why an effective distribution strategy is essential to a clinical trial’s success.
Sharon uses real-life examples to explain and demonstrate key areas for consideration such as:
- The key to developing an effective distribution strategy
- Identifying the optimum strategy and key milestones for effective distribution
- The role of Importer of Record for sponsors undertaking global trials
- The 3 fundamental elements of Importer of Record: tariff classification, valuation and country of origin
- Country-specific nuances in import/export criteria
What you will learn
- Best practices and common pitfalls for when you are shipping internationally
- How to reduce risk and maximise your global opportunities
- Best practices for outsourcing export responsibilities to an experienced third party
Sharon Courtney, Logistics Services Manager at Almac
Sharon is an International Logistics Specialist having worked for 18 years in Clinical Supply Chain. She has expert knowledge in a number of key areas within the end to end supply chain process including management and control of temperature-sensitive shipments; risk mitigation (identifying and managing risk); developing and managing robust relationships with transport partners; chain of custody responsibilities; active and passive shipping solutions and import/export country knowledge.