Almac’s mission to advance human health is the driving force behind everything we do as an organisation.
This mission extends beyond the work we do with our customers on providing life-saving therapies for patients to also ensuring the health of our planet, our colleagues and the communities in which we operate.
Our commitment to reach net zero by 2045, and to reducing Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions by 50 percent by 2030, was announced in last year’s report. Highlights in this year’s report that push us forward towards this goal include:
- Joining the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi), which defines and promotes best practice in science-based target setting for the reduction of greenhouse gases
- Appointing a dedicated Global Energy Manager to drive actions to support Almac’s net zero commitment, and develop business improvement initiatives across the globe
- Aiming to have 80% of our power coming from renewable sources by 2030
We are also wholly committed to supporting, developing, and rewarding our people, as well as making a positive and lasting contribution to our communities. Highlights from the last year in these areas include:
- 2,000 of our people receiving awards of recognition
- Reaching 100% of our people with employee health and wellbeing programme
- Supporting 40 different charities through global philanthropy
- Reaching an estimated 10,000 post-primary pupils through in-person and virtual outreach programmes.
Read more in the full report