Almac Diagnostic Services has a dedicated medical team of 14 staff led by Professor Richard Kennedy, Global VP and Medical Director. Professor Kennedy is GMC registered and a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians. He is registered under CLIA, CAP and CLEP as a medical lab director.
(1) Clinical Testing
Almac can provide medical support for the setup and delivery phases of clinical trials including
- Review of assays to ensure appropriate application prior to and during patient testing
- Assessment of medical risks associated with use of clinical assays
- Review of Patient Information and Consent forms
- Medical support for Pharma partners and clinical trial sites during the study
Almac have a team of Pathologists who can deliver
- Histopathological review of clinical samples to ensure they are appropriate type & quality for specific assays
- Estimation of tumour, necrotic, stromal and normal content
- Mark-up of samples to allow macrodissection
(3) Commercial Support
As part of the commercialisation activities for CDx Programmes, Almac’s Medical team:
- Support pharmaceutical partners in the planning for product launch
- Oversee the building of a dedicated medical affairs team to support commercialisation of the CDx
(4) Clinical Education
Almac’s Medical Team has appointed and managed several Scientific Advisory Boards in Colon, Breast and Ovarian Cancer with KOLs and have engaged with Patient Advocacy Groups to inform product development and meet market requirements.
They have also worked with co-operative groups such as EORTC, NSABP, SWOG and CALGB to support assay development and publications.
Some examples of key publications Almac Diagnostic Services has been involved in: