Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) Service
Almac’s high quality, robust WES Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) solution is built on Agilent’s chemistry with sequencing performed on the Illumina NovaSeq or NextSeq technology.
Almac’s wet lab optimised workflow generates comprehensive WES data from multiple sample types, including more challenging Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded (FFPE) material. The platform covers 99.7% of coding exons with readily interpretable raw sequencing data for use in biomarker discovery and retrospective clinical investigation.
The dual DNA and RNA extraction protocol facilitates simultaneous generation of WES and RNA Exome data from a single FFPE sample.
For Research Use Only.
Almac Diagnostic Services has received R&D funding from Invest Northern Ireland and the European Regional Development Fund to support the development of this service. For more information click here.
Robust Almac WES Data Generation Protocol:
Technical Specification and Performance Validation:
Almac analytical validation data confirms the highly accurate, repeatable and reproducible performance of the WES service.
For full technical specification & further validation information download the fact sheet.
- QC guarantee of 100X mean target coverage across sample cohort ensured comprehensive downstream analysis and data interpretation.
- Protocol optimised for challenging samples including FFPE material.
- Dual DNA & RNA extraction protocol enables generation of WES & and RNAseq data from a single sample.
- A comprehensive variant detection platform, covering 213,994 coding exons.
- Machine-learning based bait design of SureSelect Human All Exon V7 ensures superb streamlined coverage of variants across exons.
- Interactive QC report enables rapid and comprehensive sample quality interrogation across cohort.
- Raw sequence data delivered in FASTQ format and compatible with the majority of bioinformatics pipelines.
Interested in Almac’s Whole Exome Sequencing (WES) Service? Submit your details below:
*By submitting your information you acknowledge that you have read the privacy statement and you consent to our processing the data in accordance with that privacy statement. We may, from time to time, send you material relevant to your interests. If you change your mind at any time about wishing to receive material from us, you can send an email to [email protected]. Every email we send you will also include an unsubscribe link so you can unsubscribe from our marketing list.