Almac optimized workflow for the Illumina TruSeq® RNA Exome Panel for use in biomarker discovery and translational research.
Current RNA panel solution – RUO
Almac Diagnostic Services has a proven ability to discover, develop and validate high quality, innovative RNA-based biomarkers with an extensive track record in establishing assays across key regulatory standards. We are offering the optimized RNA Exome Panel initially as Research Use Only (RUO) – not for use in Diagnostic procedures.
claraT – unique gene expression report
The claraT report is a unique software-driven solution, classifying biologically relevant gene expression signatures into a comprehensive, easy-to-interpret report.
Offered as a cost-effective reporting solution from samples processed using the Almac optimized RNA Exome Panel. Helping you to maximize the understanding of your data set, whilst saving valuable research time.
Ask for a quote for our claraT gene expression report
The Almac RNA Exome Panel is an optimized Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) solution built on the Illumina TruSeq® RNA Exome chemistry and run on the NextSeq500 and NextSeq550 that detects RNA gene expression from solid tumor samples.
The platform covers approximately 99% of the RefSeq Exome with sequencing data and easily interpretable gene expression matrices for use in biomarker discovery and translational research across multiple disease indications.
Data analysis and reporting is performed using an Almac customized bioinformatics pipeline implemented on DNAnexus, a global leader in biomedical informatics and data management. DNAnexus is a cloud-based NGS solution which ensures scalability and security of project data. A significant benefit of utilizing DNAnexus within this offering is the flexibility of workflow optimzation and the ability to customize bespoke pipelines for quality control, alignment & expression estimation.
At a Glance
- Illumina enrichment based targeted NGS panel processed on the NextSeq500 and NextSeq550
- Covers >21,000 genes from the RefSeq Exome
- Optimized for use with FFPE tissue for analysis of RNA
- Compatible with challenging sample types
- Compatible with other tissue types such as fresh frozen
- Established process controls included within each processing batch
- Robust quality control pipelines optimized for core quality metrics including:
- -sample and library QC
- -sequencing run QC
- -post sequencing/ alignment QC
- Results in highly repeatable and reproducible gene expression data in comparison to other RNA expression platforms.
- High quality service for profiling gene expression data from solid tissue types
- Optimized protocol maximizing on pass rates and sequencing data quality from challenging sample types, reducing sample attrition
- Highly repeatable and reproducible gene expression data
- Provision of raw data for research use
- Requires minimal sample material
- Evaluation of multiple biologies on one panel
- Almac customized bioinformatics pipeline using a cloud-based solution (DNAnexus)
- claraT: cost effective solution, producing an easy to interpret gene expression report.
|Metric||RNA Exome Discovery Panel|
|Tissue Type||FFPE (or FF)|
|Recommended Tissue Requirements||1mm³ FFPE Tissue (macrodissected)|
|Recommended Input Requirements||20-100 ng (dependent on DV200 sample quality)|
|Raw Data Provided||Yes- FASTQ and BAM files|
|Bioinformatics Applications||Cloud based RNAseq pipeline delivered via DNAnexus|