Biomarker Discovery from Gene Expression: Challenges & Solutions for Success
Since the advent almost 25 years ago of techniques that enable simultaneous measurement of gene expression in a single sample, the use of gene expression profile combinations to understand tumour biology has promised to revolutionise our approach to diagnosis and prognosis in the clinic. However, this potential has yet to be fully realised despite the exponential increase in genomic data during this period.
This webinar explores some of the challenges that have hindered progress and discusses bioinformatics innovations with case study examples that may yet fuel a rise in successful translation of gene signatures into clinical application.
Topics in this presentation include:
- Challenges associated with analysing gene expression data
- Key study design considerations for biomarker discovery
- Best practices for training and validating a gene expression signature
- Making use of public data repositories and integrating different data types
- Innovative reporting of gene expression signatures using Almac’s proprietary bioinformatics software solution – claraT
Global VP Data Sciences, Almac Diagnostic Services
Your global partner for biomarker discovery, development & commercialisation.
We offer a range of genomics platform and chemistry options, alongside expert data sciences support and a full sample management service.
Clinical Trial Assays
Comprehensive development, validation & delivery service for research and clinical use assays from our global clinical laboratories in USA, Europe and APAC.
A collaborative Companion Diagnostic partnership approach with a deep understanding of client needs. We offer CDx development, manufacture & commercialisation services.