Upon declaration by the World Health Organization (WHO) of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) epidemic (now pandemic) in late January, Almac Sciences enacted its Business Continuity Plan (BCP), has been continually monitoring the situation relating to the global outbreak and its potential effect to our operations and employees, clients and ultimately patients.
We are committed to meeting client obligations, whilst continuing to ensure the utmost safety for our employees globally in doing so.
Almac Sciences’ situation overview:
Almac Sciences’ Command team meets on a weekly basis with a focus on reviewing:
- The current status of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- National and international updates including WHO situation reports, national government and health authority guidance.
- All staffing arrangements and contingency plans.
- The impact on material and consumable supplies for the business.
- Containment, Delay and Mitigation operational plans.
The wellbeing of our employees, clients, and patients is Almac’s number one priority therefore during this time we appreciate your ongoing support and understanding as we work together to manage this challenging situation.
Should you have any additional concerns regarding your product or protocol, please do not hesitate to contact your Almac representative.
Further Almac Sciences information:
Almac is at the forefront of the development, manufacturing, testing and distribution of essential medicines to vulnerable patients across the globe. By providing this support, in each territory where Almac operates and classification has been defined by local authorities, Almac is recognized as an “essential” or “life-sustaining” business.
We are doing our utmost to remain operational and every precaution has been taken to allow our staff to support your supply chain as best as possible. We will continue to conduct our critical business operations as normal as possible and keep our facilities open.
The effectiveness of our BCP processes has been continually monitored (and adjusted) to minimize any potential impact this pandemic would have to our worldwide operations. To date, Almac has not experienced any operational impact due to the Coronavirus outbreak and our service levels remain unchanged.
- All materials, excipients and consumables sourced directly from regions classified as high risk by the WHO have been identified with stock levels assessed against known and anticipated demand.
- For materials directly used in products, your Pharma Services representative will contact you directly should any material levels be of concern.
- We conduct daily reviews to consider the impact to external support lines and react accordingly.
A number of measures have been introduced. These include:
- Levels of movement throughout our buildings has been actively reduced.
- Use of common areas such as staff canteens have been temporarily suspended.
- Segregation of team crossover between different operation shifts has been introduced where it is possible to do so. Additionally, we have implemented reduced attendance at production handover meetings and allow only business-critical staff access to our production facilities.
- We have increased levels of employees working from home and splitting their working hours across teams where practical.
- Using virtual communication tools whenever feasible to communicate internal and external.
- Postponed non-essential group activities.
- Suspended all employee business travel.
- Comprehensive employee communications updated daily on global intranet to ensure current information is easily accessible. For non-PC users, our notice board are updated daily and when appropriate.
- All our employees have been issued with guidance on health & hygiene best practice and requested to report any symptoms associated with the virus immediately.
- An increased level of ‘Touch Point’ sanitisation has also been introduced within our facilities plus a clean desk policy has been rolled out across our sites.
- A decontamination procedure has been drafted to ensure downtime of any potentially impacted area is minimized.
- All non-essential visitors to our sites have been restricted.