Supply Chain Management (SCM) for Global Clinical Trials
From small molecules with hardy stability profiles to temperature and light sensitive biologics, from patient specific drug kits to versatile supplies spanning protocols and indications, from single country studies to global mega-trials; as clinical studies have evolved so has the role of Supply Chain Managers. Supply Chain Management has grown into a highly specialised collection of pharmaceutical professionals who are involved in the conduct of clinical studies.
Clinical trials are becoming increasingly complex in design, often including double or triple the primary end-points we would have seen just a decade ago. The numbers of participating countries is on the rise as competitive enrolment and the search for naïve subjects is taking us into new regions. In addition, Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP) have become more sophisticated and specialised, increasing manufacturing costs and timelines, while reducing available drug supply.
In this eBook we highlight the following:
- The State of Clinical Supply Chain Management – Understanding the evolving role of Supply Chain Management, state of the supply chain industry and the age of biologics
- Market Demands – Highlights Supply vs. demand led planning, stretching supply through drug pooling and technology and drug conservation.
- The Challenges – Outlines unpredictable demand, drug product events, logistical considerations and inaccurate assumptions
- The Physical & Digital Clinical Supply Chain Management Landscape
- Interactive Response Technology (IRT) that supports inventory management and expiry management
- Almac Solutions from forecast and simulation, inventory management, Interactive Response Technology (IRT) medication management, label development and regulatory vetting, temperature management solutions, bulk drug management and pharmacy services.
Almac Clinical Services
Guided by our extensive clinical supply experience and expertise, Almac Clinical Services is recognised as an innovative, global solution provider within the specialised and complex market of clinical trial supply.
Our integrated and adaptable solutions offer the most flexible approach to support the delivery of global clinical trials from protocol right through to patient delivery.
Our core purpose is to be the partner of choice, to deliver the next generation of health care solutions effectively and to focus on winning for you and your patients.