Almac Group is currently seeking an EC&I Engineer (Building Automation) for our Souderton, Pa. location. The EC&I Engineer will be responsible for the specification, design, development, installation, testing and administration of control systems to the highest industrial and pharmaceutical standard. The focus of the work will be to ensure that automation systems operate efficiently and safely, and in compliance with cGXP regulations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical support for new and existing automation systems on site in Souderton, as well as North Carolina site.
- Apply knowledge of automation systems to manage the specification, design, and implementation of building automation and process control solutions in accordance with GAMP 5 and other recognized pharmaceutical industry regulations.
- Manage the upgrade/patching/modification of existing systems, providing technical input to the assessment of impact from the proposed change, and initiating and following the relevant change management process to ensure compliance against cybersecurity threats for Almac automation systems.
- Liaise with system integrators, engineers and contractors during automation project execution, ensuring all work carried out by them is within the requirements of the overall project remit.
- Commission new automation systems according to the Almac stakeholder agreed URS and manage the resolution of deficiencies through to completion.
- Supervise and co-ordinate outside contractors.
- Liaise with group IS /IT to ensure interfaces between automation systems and IS / IT systems are clearly understood, setup and managed appropriately.
- Identify new technology that could be used to provide real business benefit to the Almac group.
- Assist in the continuous development of Almac Engineering Services automation standards and good engineering practices.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any engineering discipline
- 8 years’ experience in delivering excellent results and projects in the pharmaceutical industry or other manufacturing environment.
- 8 years’ experience of providing support, maintenance, or system administration for existing automation systems.
- 8 years’ experience of specification, design, installation, commissioning automation systems (PLC, SCADA, DCS etc.)
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor of Engineering or Bachelor of Sciences in Software Engineering or Automation related subject
- Recognized IT qualification
- Experience of specification, design, installation commissioning of Building Management Systems such as Siemens Desigo / Apogey, Eurotherm Wonderware, Schneider Continnum / EBO
- Experience in SQL database’s such as MS SQL Server
- Experience of PLC systems such as Siemens S7 and Wonderware SCADA / HM Field instrumentation experience (specifying, configuring, troubleshooting, etc), and understanding low voltage electrical designs and drawings
- Experience of industrial communication protocols e.g. Modbus, BACnet
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date.
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date.
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.