Given the increasing costs of drug development and critical use of time, the industry recognises that effective project management is key to bringing a drug to market, especially in a highly regulated and complex environment. As a Project Manager at Almac, strong people and negotiating skills and the ability to resolve conflict and communicate effectively is essential. Our Project Managers participate in multiple projects and are often involved in strategic planning, marketing, sales management, manufacturing, human resources, and financial planning efforts.
On a more day-to-day basis, Project Managers conduct many activities including:
- Setting up project goals and putting strategic plans into practice
- Establishing indicators and measures of success
- Quantifying value commensurate with cost
- Optimising the use of organisational and staff resources
- Incorporating quality principles while streamlining operations
- Standardising tasks and formulating operating procedures
- Preparing plans and executing and evaluating projects
- Managing communications and apprising management and clients
Without question, project management is a challenging and seemingly a highly challenging , fast paced and diverse role. Our Project Managers take great pride in the value they provide our clients and the contribution they make towards improving human health. In turn, our Project Managers enjoy challenging assignments, employee recognition, career mobility/portability, and a stable, supportive work environment.