Chemistry Placement Student
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Ref No: HRJOB8202
Business Unit: Sciences
Open To: Students Currently studying a Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry degree, with successful completion of their penultimate year by the end of this academic year
Contract: This placement will run for 12 months, over the 2023/24 academic year
Working as part of the Chemistry team based in our global headquarters in Craigavon, you will be responsible for the development of chemical processes to allow successful manufacture of drug substance to support toxicology, clinical trials, and commercial supply. You will carry out assigned practical chemistry and analysis project work, under supervision, and will support the day to day running of the chemistry labs.
This is an excellent opportunity for talented chemists to join a growing team, solving exciting scientific challenges. To assist in both your academic and professional career progression, you will have the opportunity to learn from our in-house experts.
Advancing human health requires exceptional people - your talent, experience and passion will be the perfect match. Together we will make an exceptional difference to the health of countless patients all over the world ………and this is just the beginning.
Let’s be exceptional together
- 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes, grades A-C, in Mathematics and English Language
- Educated to A Level standard (or equivalent)
- Currently studying a Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry course with successful completion of their penultimate year by the end of this academic year
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exists)
- 3 A Levels (or equivalent) at grade A-C
- An overall result of ≥60% from your previous academic year.
- Currently studying an MSci in Chemistry or related subject with chemistry with successful completion of their penultimate year by the end of this academic year
- Previous laboratory experience within industry or educational institution
Please note: If you are a student within the School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering at Queen’s University Belfast, please apply for our placement under HRJOB8203, to be considered for the McKervery award.
Closing Date: Thursday 1st December 2022 at 5pm