Analytical Chemist – Analytical Services
Hours: 37.5 Mon – Fri. Flexible working.
Ref No: HRJOB9180
Business Unit: Almac Sciences
Open To: Internal & External Candidates
We are currently recruiting for talented Analytical Chemists to join our Analytical Services team.
Working as part of the Almac Sciences Business Unit, the post holder will development and phase appropriate validation of analytical methods on behalf of external clients to support release testing and stability studies for Reference Standards, API and Drug Products.
Analytical techniques carried out by our team include determination of assay and related substances by HPLC, UPLC, GC and IC, determination of residual solvent content by GC, determination of water content by KF coulometry, titration or stromboli oven, dissolution, disintegration, hardness, water activity and content uniformity.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary project team the post holder will plan carefully, carry out their work safely, and document their methods and results accurately. As part of a busy team within a rapidly growing organisation, operating within a challenging industry, you will benefit from the numerous personal and professional developmental opportunities available throughout the Almac group.
· 5 GCSE (or equivalent) passes, grades A-C, including Mathematics and English Language
· Degree level qualification (or equivalent) in an Analytical/Chemistry related discipline (relevant experience may be considered in lieu or academic qualification.)
· Theoretical knowledge of multiple laboratory techniques
· Relevant Laboratory experience
(The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exists)
· Previous relevant industrial experience in a GMP/GLP environment
· Postgraduate Qualification (or equivalent) in chemistry or closely related discipline
Closing Date: Sunday 25th February 2024 at 5pm
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role by our Talent Acquisition team. Speculative candidate CV’s received or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.