Senior Operator Grade 3
Location: Based at our state-of-the-art custom designed facilities in Craigavon
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Shift premium of 16.7% for early / late pattern or 33% for permanent night shift
Salary: £29,950 plus excellent benefits package
Business Unit: Almac Pharma Services
With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Almac Pharma Services have been manufacturing medicines in tablet, capsule and powder form for over 50 years. We also pack commercial drug products into bottles, blisters and sachets and provide specialised packaging solutions for medical kits, vials and syringes. The expert services we provide supports the provision of medicines and treatments to patients around the world.
The role of Senior Operator Grade 3 is integral to the success of our operations. At this level, you will have the experience, knowledge and skillset to oversee production activities and provide support to the Production Supervisors. You will coordinate operational tasks, ensuring all policies and procedures are followed and all batches are completed correctly on time. You will have additional responsibilities for process improvement and staff development within the team.
We have opportunities available to join us as Senior Operator Grade 3 across various shifts in our Packaging and Manufacturing teams:
Both roles (Packaging and Manufacturing) offer experienced production/manufacturing personnel an opportunity to excel in a hands-on role ensuring the successful and efficient production and packaging of pharmaceutical drug product. Applications are invited from those with previous experience gained within a regulated environment, e.g manufacturing, packaging, engineering, food & drinks. Effective leadership skills, along with excellent communication skills and ability to complete documentation to a high standard are essential for these positions.
Senior Operator Grade 3 (Packaging Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Resource Management: oversee staff to ensure operations are completed correctly, train and develop operators, document and maintain training records, escalate training requirements to Production Supervisor
- Process & Equipment Knowledge: oversee communication between Production and other Almac departments, ensure documentation and materials are available on time, Check and review batch records, drive the accurate completion of production batch documentation, ensure process optimisation and downtime reduction
- GMP & Quality: undertake all processing operations in compliance with GMP and relevant SOPs; perform process supervisory checks, operate required equipment, complete serialisation requirements and batch documentation accurately; manage all set-up checks during the operation; assist with validation work
Senior Operator Grade 3 (Manufacturing Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee employees: Assist Production Supervisors and Production Team Leaders with assessment of team members; train operators & senior operators and evaluate performance; Document all training; Respond to queries or concerns from team members and escalate to Line Manager where required
- Ensure Processes are Efficient and Effective: Develop expertise in allocated processing areas; Organise and manage Team to optimise process rates and efficiency; complete production analysis and paperwork, contribute to process improvement initiatives
- GMP & Quality Compliance: ensure operations are completed in accordance with GMP, batch documentation and SOPs; Operate production equipment; Perform line clearance and cleaning verification checks; Perform all set-up checks, assist with validations
Refer to the attached Job Descriptions and Person Specification for each role for full details and further information. Please make sure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria required before submitting your application.
A fantastic salary and benefits package is available, including annual bonus for all, generous holiday allowance, healthcare reimbursement scheme, and a rewarding role where the work you do will ultimately be contributing to the advancement of human health.
All applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
During periods of additional work requests this role will require additional coverage beyond normal working hours. It is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.
Apply online - please ensure your CV clearly outlines how you meet criteria for this role – refer to the job descriptions attached to this advert for full details of the essential and desirable criteria required. Please upload your CV in PDF format where possible.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2024 at 5pm
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role by our Talent Acquisition team. Speculative candidate CV’s received or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.