Location: Based at our state-of-the-art custom designed facilities in Craigavon
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week; Shift premium of 16.7% for early / late pattern
Salary: Minimum salary £27,500 plus excellent benefits package. Depending on level of experience, candidates will be able to enter at different levels.
Business Unit: Almac Pharma Services
With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Almac Pharma Services have been manufacturing medicines in tablet, capsule and powder form for over 50 years. We also pack commercial drug products into bottles, blisters and sachets and provide specialised packaging solutions for medical kits, vials and syringes. The expert services we provide supports the provision of medicines and treatments to patients around the world.
The role of a Production Technician is to provide technical expertise within work centres ranging from manufacturing, primary and secondary packaging. The principal function of the role is to ensure the efficient and effective running of technical operations, in accordance with associated protocols & batch documentation whilst maintaining schedule adherence. The Production Technician must also ensure operational compliance with Quality Management Systems (QMS), and adherence to Health and Safety policies.
We have opportunities available to join us as a Production Technician in our Packaging and Manufacturing teams.
Production Technician (Packaging Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake complex process development, qualification, and validation works related to equipment installation, operational qualification and validation experiments.
- Operate process equipment according to internal procedures controlling process parameters with limits as defined within SOPs, Protocols and Master Batch Records and where required become the subject matter expert (SME) for specific pieces of equipment or processes, including equipment set-up, optimum operation, strip down and cleaning, product changeover.
- Provide support to Production Operators/ Senior Operators, Supervisors and Technical Staff by assisting in process development, qualification and validation experiments as well as routine GMP operations.
- Accurately record and complete technical information and GMP documentation during production operations associated with pharmaceutical development, manufacturing and packaging operations.
Production Technician (Manufacturing Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Undertake complex process development, qualification, and validation experiments as well as routine GMP operations, activities related to equipment installation, operational qualification and validation experiments.
- Communicate and interact with staff from other departments including Technical Support, Quality Control, Quality Compliance, Technical Quality, Engineering & Facilities to ensure that operations are planned and executed in an efficient manner.
- Ensure GMP standards are maintained at all stages of manufacture in line with internal procedures and regulatory requirements. Report any incidents to management that have the potential to impact the quality of the process/ equipment or product.
Refer to the attached Job Descriptions and Person Specification for each role for full details and further information. Please make sure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria required before submitting your application.
A fantastic salary and benefits package is available, including annual bonus for all, generous holiday allowance, healthcare reimbursement scheme, and a rewarding role where the work you do will ultimately be contributing to the advancement of human health.
All applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
During periods of additional work requests this role will require additional coverage beyond normal working hours. It is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.
Apply online - please ensure your CV clearly outlines how you meet criteria for this role – refer to the job descriptions attached to this advert for full details of the essential and desirable criteria required. Please upload your CV in PDF format where possible.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2024 at 5pm
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role by our Talent Acquisition team. Speculative candidate CV’s received or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.