Production Team Leader
Location: Based at our state-of-the-art custom designed facilities in Craigavon
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week; Shift premium of 16.7% for early / late pattern
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
Business Unit: Almac Pharma Services
With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Almac Pharma Services have been manufacturing medicines in tablet, capsule and powder form for over 50 years. We also pack commercial drug products into bottles, blisters and sachets and provide specialised packaging solutions for medical kits, vials and syringes. The expert services we provide supports the provision of medicines and treatments to patients around the world.
The Production Team Leader will manage a team of people who are directly responsible for GMP manufacture of drug product for commercial and clinical supply. Remit will include the quality of the products manufactured and the efficiency and output in their specific area. The post holder will be responsible for schedule adherence and will drive continuous improvement of the area for which they are responsible.
We have opportunities available to join us as Production Team Leader across various shifts in our Packaging and Manufacturing teams:
Both roles (Packaging and Manufacturing) offer experienced production/manufacturing personnel an opportunity to excel in a management role ensuring the successful and efficient production and packaging of pharmaceutical drug product. Applications are invited from those with previous experience gained within a regulated environment, e.g manufacturing, packaging, engineering, food & drinks. Effective leadership skills, along with excellent communication skills and ability to compile both narrative and numerical reports to a high standard are essential for these positions.
Production Team Leader (Packaging Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct management of the Packaging operations incorporating all primary, secondary, manual packing and serialization activities.
- Fully understand the operation of all process equipment, its capability and the aspects of the process likely to impact performance or compliance and maintain up to date knowledge and experience of industry trends and guidance with respect to pharmaceutical packaging.
- Plan, manage and be accountable for the department output against the production schedule, product quality and reject levels, and the implementation of process improvement initiatives within production and assist in the preparation of budgets and feedback of key issues to the Senior Management team.
- Ensure staff are fully trained and competent to fulfil production requirements and manage all staff personnel aspects including the recruitment, training, discipline, absence and time management.
Production Team Leader (Manufacturing Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for tactical scheduling of facility, equipment and operator resource to meet scheduled timelines and regularly provide feedback to line management on operational progress and compliance to GMP standards.
- Help to develop and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs) relating to quality, efficiency and continuous improvement and continually develop technical expertise and assist in trouble shooting for manufacturing processes
- Liaise with other departments (Analytical support, Quality Control, Environmental, Engineering etc) to ensure efficient facility operation and collaborate with Development and Technical Support Groups to ensure smooth introduction of new products.
- Manage assigned team including personnel management, training, annual appraisals and other HR related tasks and ensure all H&S standards are maintained.
Refer to the attached Job Descriptions and Person Specification for each role for full details and further information. Please make sure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria required before submitting your application.
A fantastic salary and benefits package is available, including annual bonus for all, generous holiday allowance, healthcare reimbursement scheme, and a rewarding role where the work you do will ultimately be contributing to the advancement of human health.
All applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
During periods of additional work requests this role will require additional coverage beyond normal working hours. It is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.
Apply online - please ensure your CV clearly outlines how you meet criteria for this role – refer to the job descriptions attached to this advert for full details of the essential and desirable criteria required. Please upload your CV in PDF format where possible.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2024 at 5pm
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role by our Talent Acquisition team. Speculative candidate CV’s received or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.