Location: Based at our state-of-the-art custom designed facilities in Craigavon
Hours: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits package
Business Unit: Almac Pharma Services
With a wealth of knowledge and experience, Almac Pharma Services have been manufacturing medicines in tablet, capsule and powder form for over 50 years. We also pack commercial drug products into bottles, blisters and sachets and provide specialised packaging solutions for medical kits, vials and syringes. The expert services we provide supports the provision of medicines and treatments to patients around the world.
The position of Technical Specialist is dynamic and versatile in its daily tasks. Working as part of the Pharma Services Business Unit, you will support the Technical Operations department providing efficient and effective support to cGMP manufacturing operations and associated processes.
We have opportunities available to join us as a Technical Specialist in both our Manufacturing Operations & Packaging Operations teams;
Technical Specialist (Packaging Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide process leadership for the introduction of new products, equipment and processes including serialisation to support growth to Almac Pharma Services.
- To represent Packaging Operations and liaise closely with other departments, including Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Information Systems and Client services.
- Support all Almac Pharma Services packaging sites (as required) and work closely with the Packaging Operational and Client Project teams.
- As process owners, the Technical Specialist has responsibility for document generation, reviews, and approvals which are critical in supporting our equipment and product validation. Timely and accurate execution of these documents ensures an efficient and effective product release whilst ultimately fulfilling our commitment to the patient and wider market.
- The role involves daily operational support, interacting with the Client as the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) and process owner for New Product Introduction (NPI), in addition to identification and ownership of packaging equipment procurement, installation and release.
Technical Specialist (Manufacturing Operations)
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the introduction of new products and process equipment into manufacturing operations, including equipment qualification and process validation.
- Support ongoing Drug Product Lifecycle Management, including Continuous Process Verification (CPV) & Cleaning Validation.
- Leadership of Continuous Improvements Initiatives
- Technical SME representation in project meetings/ client business review meetings/ customer or regulatory audits. Liaising with other departments, including Quality, Maintenance, Engineering, Information Systems and Client services.
- Support for Operational Business Projects
Refer to the attached Job Descriptions and Person Specification for each role for full details and further information. Please make sure your CV clearly demonstrates how you meet the criteria required before submitting your application.
A fantastic salary and benefits package is available, including annual bonus for all, generous holiday allowance, healthcare reimbursement scheme, and a rewarding role where the work you do will ultimately be contributing to the advancement of human health.
All applicants must demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK
During periods of additional work requests this role will require additional coverage beyond normal working hours. It is a condition of your employment that you are able to fulfil this requirement of the role.
Apply online - please ensure your CV clearly outlines how you meet criteria for this role – refer to the job descriptions attached to this advert for full details of the essential and desirable criteria required. Please upload your CV in PDF format where possible.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2024 at 5pm
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE:
Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role by our Talent Acquisition team. Speculative candidate CV’s received or submitted directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.