Almac Group is currently seeking a Software Developer -Support for our Lansdale, PA location. The Software Developer -Support is responsible for investigating potential bugs, functionality issues, and data discrepancies on client used software used in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop software for projects of various complexity levels for both initial and subsequent builds.
- Understands the Almac product feature-set and uses it to code systems appropriately
- Create and implement system design based upon critical evaluation and thorough understanding of provided specifications
- Customize existing standard product features
- Develop new custom features as required
- Ensures system is coded per the requirements and in accordance with department standards
- Delivers a well-designed system as determined by the Code and architect review
- Ensures that all departmental SOPs and WIs are followed as determined by a low number of QA findings for their studies
- Ensures on time delivery
- Executes change requests
- Delivers CRs and bugs to test and production by the agreed upon dates with quality
- Accepts/volunteers for CR/bug work from other developers/management/scheduling
- Provide project specific software support
- Regularly monitors investigation case queue for new internally or externally raised issues and service requests.
- Prioritize and re-prioritize workload based on urgency of submitted issues and service requests.
- Communicates status of investigation regularly.
- Includes daily comments left on case.
- Escalates roadblocks and high priority issues timely and appropriately.
- Collaborates across technical groups to complete root cause analysis.
- Determines course of action needed to fix issue or accommodate request.
- Includes escalation when necessary.
- Documents root cause analysis thoroughly.
- Includes technical and non-technical documentation.
- Raises bugs in TFS as needed.
- Raises script work items in TFS as needed.
- Codes scripts if workload allows.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and authors Knowledge Base Articles to fil those gaps.
- Assists in promoting code into various environments
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field. (Note: students currently enrolled in a graduate degree program to receive a Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, are considered to apply/ interview prior of having received the degree.)
- Or HS degree and equivalent of 2 years of work experience required either through full time work as a programmer/developer utilizing coding skills.
- Or HS degree and through Co-Op internships where 2 yrs. of experience was gained by programming.
- Minimum 6 months of study or work experience in C# or Object-Oriented Design [OOD] principles
- C#, .NET 4.5 or higher, Visual Studio2013 or higher, ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, LINQ, Unit Testing
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Design [OOD] principles and design patterns
- SOLID Principles
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/analytical discipline, such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, and/or Mathematics
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing applications utilizing ASP.net MVC and C#.
- Minimum 1 years of experience conducting root cause analysis.
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.