Almac Group is currently seeking a Food Service Assistant for our Souderton, Pa. Location.
The Food Services Assistant is primarily responsible for overseeing the catering services, maintaining cleanliness of kitchen areas, canteen and conference rooms to support employee meetings and customer visits.
A. Organize all food and beverage orders for Company functions, including but not limited to customer visits and internal functions, to ensure that they are accurate, delivered on time and presented in a hospitable and professional manner. 50%
B. Maintain the inventory of all food, beverages, and contracted vending service items. 20%
C. Maintain database of all catering invoices, enter all pertinent information into spreadsheet for reporting / metrics purposes. 20%
D. Assist in cost controlling efforts by analyzing and sourcing food requests through cost effective food providers. 10%
Additional Functions -
- Responding to all Business Units’ requests and questions in a professional and polite manner.
- Verify that all requests meet Almac guidelines for catering services.
- Place orders with local vendor/restaurants based on received requests.
- Verify calendar reservations of all meeting rooms in Outlook one to three days prior to scheduled meeting to ensure all food and beverage requests have been submitted on a timely basis.
- Schedule delivery times to meet request specifications. As necessary coordinate with Office Services staff to manage multiple deliveries.
- At the conclusion of customer visits or Company functions, ensure the areas and serving utensils are cleaned and stored away.
- Ensure that coffee/tea and supplies are sufficiently stocked and stored in a presentable manner in the cafeteria, conference room kitchen, and any other areas that support Company functions.
- Identify/research services provided by local vendors and restaurant to ensure Almac is being provided with quality and cost effective services.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements for catering services expenses.
- Additional responsibilities may include back up coverage for team members along with other duties required to assist Office Services and Facilities Management. This would include traveling to other PA sites.
- Follow work priorities and resources as set forth from Almac Facilities and/or other Company Senior Management.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality.
Promoting teamwork by:
- Collaborating with co-workers.
- Meeting individual company goals as established.
- Establishing rapport and maintaining positive communication with others, demonstrating respect and support, cooperating and flexibility with change.
- Adhering to company and department policies.
Supervisory responsibilities of direct reports: N/A
Authorized Deputies and Delegated Authorities: N/A
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and/or reviewing publications.
- Other duties as assigned by Management
Adhere to all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing practice (GMP).
Training & Development:
Ensure training has been received before undertaking specific duties and that all training is documented in training records.
Heath & Safety:
Understand the company’s Health & Safety and follow all associated procedures. Report all accidents or awareness of any unsafe conditions in the workplace to management. Use of proper PPE when handling / delivering food and needed supplies.
Human Resource Management:
Conform to the company’s policies contained in the Employee Handbook
Basic Qualifications & Position Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- Experience working with clients and staff in an office environment.
- At least one year experience in the food/hospitality industry.
- Experience in customer service and hospitality focus highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment with minor supervision.
- Self-motivated, flexible, dependable and available
- Hospitality/food service experience
- One Year previous hospitality/food service experience
- Must be able to multi-task
- Maintain confidentiality
Skills (incl. Typical Mental Demands):
- Microsoft Word and Outlook skills required.
- Willingness to assist Almac Facilities staff with other duties as required.
- Good Communication skills (Verbal and Written)
Work Environment & Dress Attire
- Fast paced environment
- Business casual
- Lifting Weight Requirement: 35 lbs
- Moving/Walking: Up to 8 Hours/Day
- Sedentary: Up to 8 Hours/Day
- Bending/Reaching/Twisting: Up to 8 Hours/Day
- Other Equipment to be used: Copier, Fax, cart, postage machine, coffee brewers, flat bed