Almac Group is currently seeking a Business Development Director. The BD Director role is to develop new sales and enhance customer service to existing clients, for Almac Science’s services within agreed East Coast territory / client base.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Identify potential clients, visit client site and / or host at Almac site, present Almac Sciences capabilities and value proposition leading to receipt of CDAs and RFPs for relevant Almac Sciences services. Represent Almac at various Industry Trade Shows and Conferences and provide report of relevant activity and feedback on conference value.
Almac Sciences capabilities are as follows:
- Development and nonGMP / cGMP manufacture of small Molecule and Peptide APIs
- Development and nonGMP manufacture of Regulatory Starting Materials an Advanced Intermediates
- Custom synthesis for discovery support, reference standards and impurities.
- Biocatalysis and custom / flow chemistry services
- Isotope labelling
- Physical Sciences
- Analytical Services incl. Biologics
Work Environment & Dress Attire
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The BD Director will work from home, with occasional visits to Almac facilities in Souderton (US), Craigavon (N.Ireland), Edinburgh (Scotland) and athlone (Republic of Ireland).
- The BD Director will travel for customer visits as described below.
- Attire for business travel is usually ‘business casual’ but will be ‘Business’ (suit and tie) for conferences and selected customers where this is expected.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a pharmaceutical science, life science or physical science.
- Some experience within CMO business development environment.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of Pharma / Biotech sector in US.
- Demonstrated success in developing customer base, closing sales and delivering on financial goals.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Advanced degree (PhD) in Biology or Chemistry.
- 5-15 years sales experience within an API CDMO workplace.
- Knowledge of drug development process including basic knowledge of the regulatory requirements for various phases of development.
- General knowledge of chemistry, analytical and drug formulation.
- General knowledge of structure of the pharmaceutical industry and it’s supporting industries, including ‘Big Pharma’, Biotech's, virtual companies, CROs, CMOs, etc.
- Valid Driver's License
- General knowledge of classes of therapeutic drugs and their mechanism of action.
- Synthetic Organic chemistry and analytical methods.
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.