Almac Group is currently seeking a Software Developer I to join our Lansdale, Pennsylvania team. We are looking for innovative and passionate people who want to work on software that has a clear and real-world impact. ALMAC is looking to help advance human health and streamline how clinical trials are executed for our clients.
Please Note: This position is currently 100% remote, however we do expect a return to our Lansdale, Pennsylvania office in the near future, on a limited / flexible basis. Candidates for Software Developer I should reside in a commutable distance to Lansdale or be willing to relocate.
What to expect:
As a Software Developer 1, you will be developing software that will be used in the clinical trial industry. You may be customizing our Interactive Response Technology (IRT) platform or building a completely new feature for a client just to meet their specific trial design need.
- For each project assignment, you will be collaborating with Design Managers, Architects, Tech Leads, Developers, Testers & QA to ensure we deliver a high-quality solution that is on time.
- Occasionally you will provide tiered level production support or work on maintenance assignments as needed for our existing applications.
How will you be doing this?
- Coding with the latest and greatest development tools from the Microsoft tech stack.
- Working with a developer friendly and mature .NET based service bus technology such as NServiceBus.
- Designing and developing within a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) that is loosely coupled and adheres to modern design patterns and principles.
- Writing high-quality C# / ASP.NET MVC code that has high automated unit test coverage and ensure it adheres to the SOLID principles.
- You will be writing efficient and performant LINQ queries and working within a platform that leverages asynchronous programming via Async and Await.
- You will be exposed to and use advanced C# constructs, functions, and delegates.
Team & Culture
Advancing human health requires exceptional people – your talent, experience, and passion will be a key strength to our growing team. Our development group believes in a team atmosphere, where each individual is willing to help another. Our unique boot camp program for new technical hires is comprised of sessions designed to provide context around clinical trials, what we do within our platform and how, and a taste of what our developers are asked to build in real clinical trial studies. We encourage personal development - our frequent architecture conferences inspire all developers across ALMAC Clinical Technologies to set aside time to learn something new or upcoming.
Skills & Requirements
- Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/analytical discipline, such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, and/or Mathematics (If you are finishing up your degree in one of the fields above, you may apply now.).
- Or HS degree and equivalent of 2 years of work experience required either through full-time work as a programmer/developer utilizing coding skills.
- Or HS degree and through Co-Op internships where 2 yrs. of experience was gained by programming.
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical/analytical discipline, such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Information Technology, and/or Mathematics preferred.
- Required Experience:
- Minimum 6 months of experience working with relational databases or exposure to database concepts.
- Minimum 6 months of experience developing web-based application using a common object-oriented programming language, such as (C#, Java, C++, etc.).
- Preferred Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server.
- Minimum 1 year of experience developing applications utilizing ASP.net MVC and C#.
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 5,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.