Almac Group is currently seeking a Support Technician for our Souderton, PA location. The Support Technician will ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. Serves as a point of contact to record incident and problem resolution through triage and escalation. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user requests. Problem resolution using approved diagnostic and request tracking tools mainly by accessing end user machines via remote means. The role requires technical troubleshooting abilities and excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage incoming assigned/escalated requests from end users via telephone, e-mail, Service Desk tools and from colleagues in a courteous manner. Prioritize and schedule Service Desk tickets and escalate appropriately to SMEs (Subject Matter Experts). Record, track, and document the service desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful troubleshooting actions taken through to final resolution. Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization
- Perform remote/hands on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications. Install software – in-house developed and off the shelf
- Apply diagnostic utilities to Knowledge Bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet and experience to aid in problem resolution. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to requests. Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users, and training documentation for use within the team. Perform preventative maintenance all Almac IS Hardware
- Be a positive role model for all members of the IS department. Take responsibility for the successful close out and resolution of all tasks undertaken. Positively support and be an advocate for all procedures used by the Almac IS department ensuring that any procedures which require improvement are flagged to IS management with the issues and proposed improvements documented. Take responsibility for the successful close out and resolution of all tasks undertaken. Displays the drive and commitment to make a positive difference to the operational success of the Almac IS department. Co-ordinate and assist with 3rd party vendors to facilitate solutions
- Perform preventative maintenance all Almac IS Hardware. Perform post-resolution follow-ups to requests. Provide technical expertise in the Problem Management process to drive continuous improvement and suggest resolution to ensure issues are resolved at source. Collaborate with other teams, in relation to the delivery of specific projects/deliverables and provide on-call support on a rotational basis
Required Experience / Education:
- HS Diploma
- 3 years of experience in the use of Active Directory and Windows Operating Systems
3 years of experience in providing Desktop Support
- Demonstrates required job knowledge and understanding to successfully and competently fulfill or exceed the requirements of their post.
Follows correct procedures and guidelines (SOPs).
Proactively demonstrates a desire to enhance and develop their job knowledge.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- 3 years of previous hands-on Service Desk experience, that includes active, in-person and practical participation in Service Desk tasks and functions
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.