Almac Group is currently seeking a DevOps Software Engineer for our Clinical Technologies Division. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for the hands on analysis, design, development, and maintenance of the continuous delivery / DevOps product roadmap. This includes continuous improvement and innovation for deployment, support, and enhancing IT capabilities on a .Net focused platform in both on premise and cloud environments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- As a member of the DevOps team, responsible for delivering roadmap items including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD), Application Delivery Automation (ADA), configuration, development, analysis, and testing of continuous delivery features for on-prem and cloud-based platforms
- Partner with the product delivery, infrastructure, and software delivery teams to analyze options, investigate tools and patterns, and recommend solutions for business problems.
- Participates in department initiatives to support the products, continuously retrospect, experiment, and learn in order to improve the way we work
Required Experience / Education:
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or in lieu of degree 5+ years equivalent experience
- 2+ years automating the setup, configuration, deployment, and support of products
- 2+ years in a DevOps role or equivalent responsibilities
- 5+ years Software or Infrastructure Delivery related experience
- Proficiency with .NET technologies and development practices
- Proficiency with scripting languages (preferably PowerShell)
- Proficiency in Windows Administration
- Familiarity with software deployment pipelines, CI/CD, and Application Delivery Automation (ADA) disciplines
- Experience with MELT (Monitoring, Events, Logging, and Tracing) toolsets and disciplines
Preferred Experience / Education:
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- Cloud certifications in AWS or Azure
- > 2 years technical lead
- > 1 architecting solutions
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Agile/SCRUM experience
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.