Almac Group is currently seeking a Technical Manager for our Lansdale, PA location. The Technical Manager will be the technical team leader of an agile development team by providing guidance, leadership, collaboration, and expertise in order to provide software solutions to business problems on time with high quality.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with Product Management, Business Analysts, and Architecture to perform analysis on business problems in order to translate business problems into technical solutions.
- Hands on development and provide leadership, management, guidance, design, and code review to NPS delivery teams
- Partner with project management on status, timeline management, and on-time delivery
- Participates in department initiatives to continuously retrospect, experiment and learn in order to improve the way we work
- Takes on Architecture tasks, such as:
- Conducts cost analysis studies to determine feasibility of various approaches
- Captures technical requirements and defines technology solutions; creates the conceptual, logical and physical design of the solution to ensure appropriate technology is acquired and implemented.
- Works with team members, on-site consultants, partners, companies, third parties, and clients to define, develop and deploy technology solutions
- Have an advanced understanding of the main features of IXRS and other required components; their features and limitations.
- Assists in increasing the productivity and effectiveness of the organization by defining standards, best practices and promoting reuse as it relates to technology.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical field.
- 5 years software development
- Track record of:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrated ability and interest in continued learning
- Ability to follow disciplined systems life cycle methodologies and produce required artifacts deliverables
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design [OOD] principles and design patterns
- Strong understanding of Test-Driven Design [TDD] and testing/code coverage
- Excellent requirements and impact analysis skills for writing and automating effective tests and providing code coverage
- C#, .NET 4.5 or higher, Linq, ASP.NET MVC, Visual Studio 2013 or higher
- T-SQL and SQL Server 2008, 2012 or higher
- Object Oriented Design [OOD] principles and software design patterns
- SOLID Principles
- Team or technical leadership experience
- Management and/or technical coaching experience
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Science related field
- 2 years technical lead
- 1 architecting solutions
- Experience with distributed systems architecture
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Domain Driven Design experience
- Working with ORM technologies such as EntityFramework
- Working with Dependency Injection/Inversion of Control containers
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.