Almac Group is currently seeking a Software Tester II for our Lansdale, PA location. The Software Tester II is responsible for assuring the quality of software and project deliverables primarily through firm understanding of product and project requirements to drive software
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Software Tester II is required to perform the functions of a Software Tester I as well as the following essential functions:
- Collaborates and plans with their teams to establish, communicate, and commit to the conditions for achieving success, assuring quality, and for being done for each project and release
- Conducts a combination of integration, functional, usability, performance, acceptance, and exploratory tests for moderately complex products and features using manual or automated means
- Assesses risks and impacts due to design or requirement changes, and subsequently provide recommendations for addressing the changes
- Provides guidance or mentorship for less experienced Core Project Team members
- Ensures the product is meeting all requirements, success and acceptance criteria,
- Collaborates on a daily basis with their Core Project Team to clarify requirements, provide feedback, answer questions, and work towards assuring the quality of solutions that meet the goals for project delivery
- Identifies, recommends and implements continuous tool and process improvements
Tests and Assures Quality on Corporate Products via Testing Practices, Impact Analysis and Team Reviews
- Performs thorough review of requirements prior to meetings
- Works with the Core Project Team to develop, document, and implement a testing strategy and approach for each project
- Performs various types of testing of simple to moderately complex corporate products and features according to departmental testing standards and the testing strategy for each project, able to test unique functionality such as adaptive designs, shamming, and diary features for clinical studies
- Develops assigned project artifacts in a quality manner as per schedule
- Provides prompt secondary and/or SME technical support
- Independently implements simple/moderate initiatives and/or implements complex initiatives with assistance
- Supports internal or client User Acceptance Tests as directed by the Core Project Team
- Accept / volunteer defect work from other testers and Core Project Team members as schedule permits
- Participates in scenario, design and code reviews as appropriate and prescribed by the Core Project Team to verify: [developer] unit and integration tests required for the system exists, all tests complement [each other] to tie functionality together, and proper testing coverage is provided across developers and testers
- Adheres to software testing best practices, testing standards, and departmental testing guidelines
- Insists on clarity throughout the process
- Demonstrates strong understanding of cross-department and cross-product impact of requirements and design on previous builds or releases
- Able to identify “hidden” or potential areas of customization based on requirements, experience and product knowledge
- Recommends changes to non-NPS or non- corporate product templates, processes, or guidelines based on core product requirements or template changes
Ensures On-Time Delivery of Assigned Project Deliverables
- Periodically reviews schedule, foresees potential for delay, raises issues early with the Core Project Team and NPS Management and offers solutions for remediation
- Works closely with others as part of a self-organizing Core Project Team using Agile and other iterative software development and testing practices for continuous improvement.
- Provides Level of Effort (LOE) estimates to project team and management for Change Requests [CRs], Use Cases, and detailed project tasks
- Attends project meetings and actively engages in discussion and communicates issues with project team in a timely manner
- Follows all SOPs, WIs, and Departmental Guidelines completely and thoroughly
- Supports NPS by providing technical support, mentoring and guidance on corporate products that may be at risk of delay, and Promptly assists others as needed
- Proactively offers several alternative solutions for dealing with scheduling or team commitment issues
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or information technology discipline or 3+ years of equivalent work experience in technical field, such as computer science or information technology discipline.
- 3 years classical software testing and software validation with at least 2 years of experience testing web-based interactive applications
- 3 years working in an Agile or DevOp-oriented delivery environment
- Understanding of both waterfall and agile project management disciplines.
- Understanding of FDA 21 CFR Part 11 as it relates to software development.
- Basic understanding of Object Oriented Design [OOD] principles and design patterns.
- Agile/SCRUM experience.
- Basic understanding of Test-Driven Design [TDD] and testing/code coverage
- Understanding of current Microsoft development and SDLC tools.
- Rational ClearQuest, TFS (or other change tracking tools)
- MS SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, especially C#.NET and ASP.NET
- Web Services
- Microsoft Office
- QTP, Selenium, Microsoft Test Manager/Test Center (or any comparable automation tool
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Additional technical certifications related to systems and software development, testing, or delivery.
- 2 years creating and implementing automated test suites
- Ability to work independently as single tester on a project
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Hybrid work available for applicable roles
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 7,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.