Almac Group is currently seeking a Production Mechanic for our Audubon, PA location. The Production Mechanic will be
- Responsible for set-up and operation of the production equipment, ensuring all equipment records and tooling history details are recorded on a batch by batch basis.
- Responsible for completion of the planned preventative maintenance program for all the pharmaceutical production equipment including electronic reading and verification systems.
- Responsible for providing excellent maintenance to minimize production downtime and optimize machine utilization
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for specific process equipment and related procedures, documentation and controls, to ensure optimum machine performance is maintained.
- Set-up, adjust and operate production equipment in accordance with approved specifications, drawings, and other related SOPs.
- Perform changeovers, removing old tooling and installing new tooling on the machine to ensure the line is set-up in accordance to the specifications. Work to reduce changeover time, machine downtime and increase machine efficiency.
- Ensure product changeovers have been set-up correctly by performing challenges; evaluating products against batch record requirements; performing necessary inspections; reviewing and signing off batch record, and completing necessary paperwork and documentation.
- Support the packaging lines by making running adjustments, performing equipment repairs and replacing equipment to ensure a high quality product.
- Improve overall process performance by recommending and executing modifications to equipment layout.
- Improve overall process performance by making recommendations for tooling or equipment modifications.
- Note and report to the Operations Supervisor any incidents which occur that could affect the quality of the product being manufactured in an acceptable format.
- Write and perform preventative maintenance procedures of packaging equipment by visually inspecting parts; cleaning parts; replacing parts and lubricants, and completing required documentation.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform the required maintenance and services.
- Perform maintenance task instructions, troubleshooting and repair packaging equipment.
- Define, diagnose, and resolve problems. This includes seeking, logically examining, and interpreting information from different sources to determine a problem’s cause and developing a course of action to resolve the problem and prevent its recurrence.
- Record parts or materials used and order or requisition new parts or materials as necessary.
- Record repairs and maintenance performed.
- Follow all Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures and practices within the Company, and to ensure they are adhered to by all employees. Identify appropriate PPE and ensuring that all employees wear it appropriately at all times. Conduct risk assessments and COSHH analyses as required Ensure all accidents and near misses are investigated, reported and documented at the time of event.
- Undertake any other duties as directed by authorized personnel.
Required Experience / Education:
Required Work Experience:
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Three years’ experience as production mechanic, operator or set-up person in a manufacturing company
- General industrial mechanics, electrical troubleshooting on production equipment
- Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed
- Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Technical or Trade School Degree
- Pharmaceutical packaging experience.
- Electrical wiring and controls experience.
- Pneumatics and hydraulics experience.
- Vision inspection system experience.
- Blister forming experience.
- Bottle filling experience.
- PLC Programming and troubleshooting.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical, mechanical, controls.
What can Almac Group offer you?
Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
12 holidays per year
Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
401k company contribution
Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.