Almac is currently seeking a Product Owner for our Durham, NC location. The Product Owner is responsible for driving the successful commercialization of new and existing software products that are part of the Internet Services Portfolio. Serving as the internal and external voice for service offerings, the Product Owner communicates with all areas of the company as well vendors and customers when required. The Product Owner works with business owners, Business Project Managers and potentially customers to define product release requirements, with Business Development and Marketing to understand and support the go-to-market strategies and with IS and other departments to ensure that the product is effectively supported after release. Additionally, the Product Owner works with business and technical personnel to facilitate the implementation of and to provide support for the Internet Services Group specific product related services to our customers. These product related services are most often provided via the internet, but may also take on other forms such as data exchanges or other specialty services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Successfully commercializes new and existing products, continually working towards increasing the profitability and market share for the products.
- Drives all cross-departmental activities necessary to support the service offering. This includes collaborating with the Business Owners and staff from, IT, Project Services, Business Development, Business Project Management, Marketing and other groups throughout the company. Additionally, interfaces with external groups such as customers or vendors as needed.
- Collects, synthesizes and analyzes feedback and information from internal and external sources, and uses this information to continuously improve the commercial viability of the products in their charge. This includes competitive intelligence of competing products.
Required Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related technical field
- A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience working with product development
- Pharmaceutical Industry knowledge
- Knowledge of effective communication methods used for project stakeholders at a senior or executive level
- Waterfall and Iterative methodologies: methods, techniques, roles, tools
- Development of Return on Investment
- Business Analysis Methods
- Understanding of Product Management
Preferred Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or Information Science related field
- Master’s Degree
- Commercial Product Management experience
- Power BI reporting and analytics tool
- Commercial product development
- Clinical Trials process knowledge
- Knowledge of Almac’s internal business systems
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.