Almac Group is currently seeking an Analytical Chemist for our Souderton Pa. location. The Analytical Chemist will execute all analytical work including development, validation, transfer, raw materials, product release and stability testing. Perform, monitor and accept accountability for all assigned analytical duties relating to routine assignments as well as projects. Ensure adherence to cGMP and Almac policies and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analytical testing right-first-time in order to complete work within the budgeted resource time and in line with agreed project timelines. This includes:
- Material testing
- Stability testing
- Release testing in support of non-GMP and GMP projects
- Release testing for Clinical Services projects.
- Fully competent in most of the following analytical techniques:
- Other general analytical techniques
- Support the development, validation and transfer of analytical methods in support of API and/or drug product manufacture and/or stand-alone analytical projects.
- Ensure appropriate training and understanding in all assigned work, prior to execution of work. Ensure strict adherence to all cGMP and Almac policies and procedures. Take responsibility for work performed and ensure successful project outcomes as measured by QQTE (Quantity, Quality, Timeliness & Efficiency) metrics.
- Prepare and review data and documents accurately and efficiently, in-line with the Analytical Department’s procedures culture of Right-First-Time.
- Be responsible for the generation, training and adherence to analytical documents (e.g. methods, specifications, SOPs etc.).
- Retain the overall responsibility for the completion of delegated tasks, within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Retain an up to date knowledge of analytical techniques and equipment
- Be responsible for the management of own work schedule and provide regular updates to line manager and team members especially with respect to any circumstances that alter agreed timescales and budgets.
- Ensure that unplanned deviations (UPDs) are kept to a minimum and that your line manager is notified as soon as UPDs are generated.
- Ensure that any corrective or preventative action arising from UPDS is completed in full and within allocated timeframes.
- Assist with the identification of alternative test methods and/or equipment to improve efficiency and maximize throughput of testing in the laboratories.
- Make suggestions for the improvement of efficiency and/or reduction in operating costs within the Analytical Department and the wider company.
- Identify incidents of out of specification results and inform the Analytical Team Leader and/or Analytical Manager.
- Assist in the generation of specifications and SOPs relevant to the Analytical Laboratories, ensuring that current versions are available.
- Ensure that laboratory equipment remains in calibration and functions as required. Where this is not the case inform the appropriate persons for them to action.
- Ensure that lab and write-up areas are maintained in an audit-ready condition at all times.
- Prepare and present analytical data, when necessary, to customers (telecoms, face-to-face meetings etc.)
Required Experience / Education:
- BSc (or equivalent) qualification within an Analytical or Chemistry or related sciences discipline
- Previous 3 yrs. of experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Hands on experience running HPLC and/or Dissolution
- cGMP experience with knowledge of quality systems
Preferred Experience / Education:
- MSc (or equivalent) level qualification
- Previous 3 yrs. of practical analytical chemistry experience (drug substance and/or drug product)
- Hands on experience with GC, KF, FTIR and UV/VIS Spectroscopy
- Knowledge of the drug development life cycle
- Analytical chemistry, drug substance and drug product
What Almac Group can offer YOU!
- Full medical, vision & dental benefits the 1st of the month after start date
- 20 days of PTO to start plus 12 holidays per year
- Company paid long and short term disability along with life insurance
- 401k company match
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Want to see our latest job opportunities? Follow us on LinkedIn
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing almost 6,600 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.