Almac Group is currently seeking an Operations Manager for the Durham, North Carolina location. The Operations Manager will be responsible for the oversight and development of the Operations department and Staff employed in Production, Label Generation, Production Support and Design Departments while ensuring product quality for patient safety and
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise, delegate and review the activities of the Production Manager and the Production Support Team Lead. Provide support, mentorship and leadership to staff
- Ensure facilities are adequate to support level of work. Develop renovation or expansion plans to accommodate increased workload or introduction of new services.
- Develop a resource strategy to ensure financial targets are met. As well as ensuring the proper competency and culture exists in the department to meet key business objectives
- Establish and maintain a performance monitoring process within the production, label generation, operations support and design departments that aligns the efforts of the teams and provides proper accountability.
- Review and trend departmental quality investigations and compliance and ensure they are accurate and have reached the correct root cause. Ensure that agreed corrective actions will prevent recurrences.
- Oversee label printing strategy and activity to ensure production schedule is met with regulatory compliance and customer satisfaction
- Ensure the training process for the production team is developed and administered in a manner that is effective, compliant, and ensures quality product and documentation is consistently produced
- Identify bottlenecks and problem areas within production, label generation, production support and design departments with a view to put corrective actions in place, or modify procedures to eliminate them
- Lead or assist in the implementation of strategic initiatives. Lead and/or support local departmental and global business projects
- Provide regular updates to the Director of Operations regarding work allocation and project status. This includes KPIs for key areas of operation to summarize the progress in each area.
- Ensure all performance reviews are completed on time and ensure adherence to the attendance policy
- Review the schedules ensuring adequate resources are available and are used in the most effective manner
- Ensure any mechanisms used for Production planning are continually updated to reflect change
- Ensure label production efficiency and cost control through optimum utilization of resources and ongoing evaluation and improvement of processes and systems.
- Assist Project Services and Business Development with any technical information related to the areas of responsibility
- Review and support the generation of new and revision of existing departmental SOPs.
- Communicate with Warehouse personnel regularly to enable the Warehouse to stage material in advance of the need in Production.
- Identify actions to improve profitability. Examine areas of inefficiency, redundancy or improvements and implement action plans that demonstrate a reduction in costs.
Required Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years pharmaceutical manufacturing industry experience
- 5+ years management experience
Preferred Experience / Education:
- Clinical trials
- Clinical supplies
- Pharmaceutical industry Required Knowledge:
- Prior work with and proven comprehension of technical documents
- General Pharmaceutical GMP and/or GDP and SOPs
What can Almac Group offer you?
- Medical, Vision & Dental benefits from the 1st of the month following start date
- 20 days PTO per year, accrued monthly following start date
- 12 holidays per year
- Company paid Long and Short-term disability along with Life Insurance
- 401k company contribution
- Professional development programs/ continuous learning opportunities
Almac is an exceptional, award winning, drug development solutions provider at the forefront of the pharmaceutical industry. We are a privately owned organization that has organically grown over 50 years now employing 6,000 highly skilled personnel worldwide. Our US Headquarters is located at Souderton, PA with additional operations scattered around the US and Europe. ‘Partnering to Advance Human Health’ is more than just a tagline – it is our way of life.
Embracing diversity is at the heart of enhancing Almac Group’s unique culture and reflects our fundamental belief that all people deserve equality, inclusivity and the opportunity for advancement. We are committed to cultivating a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for all. Together, we will build on the strength in our diversity and deliver exceptional solutions to advance human health globally.
RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE NOTE: Almac will only accept applications from agencies/business partners that have been invited to work on this role through our portal. Candidate Resumes/CV’s not submitted through our portal or directly to Hiring Managers will be considered unsolicited and no fee will be payable. Thank you for your cooperation.
Almac Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled - Proudly embracing diversity in all of its expressions.
Almac provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities who need assistance completing the application process. Please email us at [email protected] to request assistance.